Join for free
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:47 PM

Re: Astra zeneca and EU ??

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The long term effects of the vaccines are not yet known. How could they be? It hasn't been administered for all that long.
The blood clotting might just be the start. For a bloke who has had two heart attacks, probably caused by blood clotting in an artery, the last thing I need is something that induces blood clotting......

The media, the WHO and the government want everyone to have the vaccine, there is no way they would allow anyone to cast doubt on it. I'm not saying that the vaccines haven't got covid on the run, but at what cost?

Further vaccines for new strains of covid will be required next year, perhaps even in the autumn. Have the accumulative effects been considered? There must be a very good reason why several countries have suspended the use of the AZ vaccine, the evidence continues to grow.......
Between a rock and a hard place, the leaflet you are given explains what to do if you get any severe symptoms and how to report it. A risk individuals have to take.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 07:20 AM

I had the AZ jab and I have to admit I was poorly after it. I'm very rarely poorly and I've never had a reaction to other vaccines...have to admit I'm dreading the 2nd injection.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 11:26 AM

The long term effects of the vaccines are not yet known. How could they be? It hasn't been administered for all that long.
The blood clotting might just be the start. For a bloke who has had two heart attacks, probably caused by blood clotting in an artery, the last thing I need is something that induces blood clotting......

The media, the WHO and the government want everyone to have the vaccine, there is no way they would allow anyone to cast doubt on it. I'm not saying that the vaccines haven't got covid on the run, but at what cost?

Further vaccines for new strains of covid will be required next year, perhaps even in the autumn. Have the accumulative effects been considered? There must be a very good reason why several countries have suspended the use of the AZ vaccine, the evidence continues to grow.......
Just got another statistic for you OGF,
One in three people that contract symptomatic covid virus develop
blood clotting in the lungs !!
So covid itself causes blood clotting at a vastly greater frequency
than that of the vaccine ??
I think in your circumstances you are wise to think twice before
getting vaccinated but that does not apply to the general population?
Hence the questionnaire before giving the jab ?
Anyway, keep well OGF!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍🤔👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I had the AZ jab and I have to admit I was poorly after it. I'm very rarely poorly and I've never had a reaction to other vaccines...have to admit I'm dreading the 2nd injection.
Then you should report your symptoms as per the leaflet you should have been given Summer, or report to your GP !

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Then I would have to question what you are reading because it isn't difficult to understand.

'“Around 17 million people in the EU and UK have now received our vaccine, and the number of cases of blood clots reported in this group is lower than the hundreds of cases that would be expected among the general population,” said Ann Taylor, AstraZeneca’s chief medical officer.'
https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/astraz...ood-clot-risk/

When the WHO agrees and not being vaccinated puts you at a very real risk of death from Covid-19, refusal seems counter-productive because statistically you are far more likely to die of Covid-19.
It's a no brainer, unless you are in the EU and desperate for anything which can be used as an excuse!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 11:55 AM

I read, somewhere, OGF, that blood thinners are benefiial with those who get the virus. It said they lower the chances of clots.

With your heart history, I'm surprised you're not on them.

I'm no longer on the old warfarin, with it's regular blood tests, having been moved over to the much easier Eliquis Apixaban (twice daily).

Maybe your doc would give you some to get past this, even though the risks are small ?
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 12:06 PM

It's all a question of balance OGF.

I have survived ten heart attacks and my subsequent general health dictates that if I caught Covid 19 I would die - period.

Now 40 cases of clotting out of 17million vaccinations, mostly of the elderly, seems good odds to me. If I do get a clot and die, then so be it.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 12:07 PM

If I were a gambling man, I'd put money on it being a short term political reaction to allay the fears of each country's population. The last thing anyone needs is a prolonged delay in the vaccination program and members of the public need reassurance that it's safe ASAP.

Would imagine that every country who has postponed its usage will have the evidence it needs within a few days and things will return to normal early next week.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Just got another statistic for you OGF,
One in three people that contract symptomatic covid virus develop
blood clotting in the lungs !!
So covid itself causes blood clotting at a vastly greater frequency
than that of the vaccine ??
I think in your circumstances you are wise to think twice before
getting vaccinated but that does not apply to the general population?
Hence the questionnaire before giving the jab ?
Anyway, keep well OGF!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍🤔👍👍
Thanks Donkeyman, I would never recommend that anyone else should abstain from having the vaccine.... We are all different and live differing lives. I have considered the vaccine long and hard, over the last two or three months, and considering many factors, have decided not to have the vaccine. Obviously this decision could change depending on my future plans, it's not written in stone....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Same here, Summer.

In fact I am thinking of decling the second one.

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top