Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:42 PM

Pritti ups the ante !!!

Making it unviable to enter UK illegally !
What's wrong with that ?
I assume that from now on, anyone that wants to enter UK
permanently must now use the system we used years ago and
have to apply via the nearest embassy or their agents before
leaving the continent or elsewhere for the UK ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:47 PM

Re: Pritti ups the ante !!!

Sorry Donkeyman, but I'm not sure what storyline you're referring to. Can you provide a link?

Edit - belay that request https://uk.yahoo.com/news/priti-pate...223000065.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:53 PM

I'm afraid that she has done a lot of talking and a lot of promising, but nothing else yet.

I shall take no notice until she actually does something!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:54 PM

Am curious about the logic being applied by these:

Enver Solomon, chief executive of the Refugee Council, accused the Government of “seeking to unjustly differentiate between the deserving and undeserving refugee by choosing to provide protection for those fleeing war and terror based on how they travel to the UK” and claimed the plans could undermine the country’s traditions of providing protection for people “regardless of how they have managed to find their way to our shores”.

Kolbassia Haoussou, of Freedom from Torture, warned the proposals could see most of the people the charity helps become “criminalised”, adding: “These unreal proposals make it clear that this Government isn’t serious about improving lives and creating a fair asylum system.”

Mike Adamson, chief executive of the British Red Cross, branded the changes “inhumane”.

He said: “We should not judge how worthy someone is of asylum by how they arrived here.

“The proposals effectively create an unfair two-tiered system, whereby someone’s case and the support they receive is judged on how they entered the country and not on their need for protection. This is inhumane.”

If someone who is desparate knocked on my door asking for shelter for the night then their request would be viewed in a different light compared to someone who broke in and claimed squatter's rights.

So, what's the difference?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:55 PM

Possibly it's as shown on the two links below, hope this is of some help. Take your pick from links to both the main news channels:

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-24/...tem-in-decades

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56500680

Edited to add:

It seems I was beaten to it (post #2)! The more the merrier though and I guess it helps to have various news channels from which to get broader views.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

24-03-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Possibly it's as shown on the two links below, hope this is of some help. Take your pick from links to both the main news channels:

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-24/...tem-in-decades

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56500680
Thanks Baz
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Thanks Baz
You are welcome!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

24-03-2021, 01:04 PM

For what it's worth, my view is that anyone whose first act in their attempt to seek asylum in the UK is to break the law ought to be deported immediately and have no chance whatsoever of being able to apply legally. This is simply a consequence of their decision making process.

The only problem then is to determine where to deport them to!!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 01:10 PM

I see that already the `Yuman Rites` solicitors are complaining. Nothing to do with the illegal immigrants of course, all to do with their loss of revenue.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid that she has done a lot of talking and a lot of promising, but nothing else yet.

I shall take no notice until she actually does something!
I agree. Every week the newspapers report on something she has spouted but she's been Home Sec for a while now and nothing appears to have changed. She is however, an expert on avoiding a straight answer to a question, as she proved on TV this morning.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top