Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:35 PM

Re: Own Brand Ready Salted Potato Crisps X 6.

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I used to like Hedgehog Crisps:

I rarely eat potato crisps nowadays and would never buy "own brand" but sometimes I buy:

and add my own salt (very little) .....
I vaguely remember Hedgehog crisps but l have never heard of Fiddler’s crisps? I wonder if they are only available up your way!!

Why wouldn’t you eat own brand crisps? I’d imagine some are manufactured by Walkers or some other big name for the supermarket?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:38 PM

I get mine from Farmfoods, Arty - not sure who else sells them.

Oooh I never thought of doing that - putting vinegar in them. That sounds like an excuse to scoff them all in one go

I make my own crisps occasionally in the oven, with a bit of salt added once cooked & crispy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:52 PM

I usually make my own - but - my favourite shop bought ones are the Co-op own 'Mature West Country Cheddar and Red Onion Chutney' - they are really delicious.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I vaguely remember Hedgehog crisps but l have never heard of Fiddler’s crisps? I wonder if they are only available up your way!!
Fiddler's are indeed local .....

Brick Kiln Farm, Brick Kiln Lane, Rufford, Ormskirk, Lancashire L40 1SY

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Why wouldn’t you eat own brand crisps? I’d imagine some are manufactured by Walkers or some other big name for the supermarket?
Since 1989, Walkers have been a division of PepsiCo and, as with all "globalised" products, quality has suffered considerably. In fact, IMO, all "popular" brands of crisps are far inferior "to "niche" products .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I get mine from Farmfoods, Arty - not sure who else sells them.

Oooh I never thought of doing that - putting vinegar in them. That sounds like an excuse to scoff them all in one go

I make my own crisps occasionally in the oven, with a bit of salt added once cooked & crispy.

Yes Pixie, if you put vinegar on, don’t wander off for long and come back to them... unless you like mush!!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Fiddler's are indeed local .....

Since 1989, Walkers have been a division of PepsiCo and, as with all "globalised" products, quality has suffered considerably. In fact, IMO, all "popular" brands of crisps are far inferior "to "niche" products .....
I'll go along with that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-03-2021, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I usually make my own - but - my favourite shop bought ones are the Co-op own 'Mature West Country Cheddar and Red Onion Chutney' - they are really delicious.
Yes ST, l made them myself years ago for my children but they had to be eaten quickly before they went soft.

Those Co-Op crisps sound lovely. Shame, l didn’t know two weeks ago when l visited a Co-Op near to where l get the hen food!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 07:41 PM

I don't often eat crisps, but Mr B likes the salt & shake ones - Tesco sell Walkers Salt & Shake at £1.50 for a pack of six, or their own brand, 'Tesco Shake to Salt', 77p for a pack of six. Guess which ones we buy
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-03-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I don't often eat crisps, but Mr B likes the salt & shake ones - Tesco sell Walkers Salt & Shake at £1.50 for a pack of six, or their own brand, 'Tesco Shake to Salt', 77p for a pack of six. Guess which ones we buy

The Tesco ones? Or am l wrong?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
That's a heck of a price difference! I'm not guessing which ones you go for though!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top