Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 09:34 PM

Re: Own Brand Ready Salted Potato Crisps X 6.

Seabrooks are very nice crisps. Surprising they are only in poundland and asda. They are also gluten free.

Walkers salt n shake are, well...walkers.

I like Tyrrells too.

Although I do buy marks and spencer ready salted because they are also gluten free.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I used to like Hedgehog Crisps:

I rarely eat potato crisps nowadays and would never buy "own brand" but sometimes I buy:

and add my own salt (very little) .....
I remember trying the hedgehog flavoured crisps back in the early 80's from a pub in South London.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:01 PM

I am shocked to hear that M&S crisps are no longer the best.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2021, 10:06 PM

Seabrooks are my favourite too. But I buy them in Sainsburys.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Seabrooks are very nice crisps. Surprising they are only in poundland and asda. They are also gluten free.

I like Tyrrells too.

Although I do buy marks and spencer ready salted because they are also gluten free.
Sainsbury's sell them as well, Annie. They are good - I like the taste but find them a bit over salted.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The Tesco ones? Or am l wrong?
Yes Artangel, bang on! Mr B says they're fine, just as good as the pricier brand name ones.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's a heck of a price difference! I'm not guessing which ones you go for though!
Crazy price difference isn't it? Especially when you think it's entirely possible they're made by the same company....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

I like Tyrrells too.

I thought all plain ready salted crisps were gluten free because all they contain are potato, salt and vegetable oil. It's the flavoured ones that can contain some wheat flour according to the Coeliac people.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-03-2021, 08:19 PM

Burt's are my favourite.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Burt's are my favourite.
Longy, l thought you were joking (like you do!) so l googled them and they do exist!

I had never heard of them before but l see that they are available in selected Waitrose stores.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-03-2021, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, l thought you were joking (like you do!) so l googled them and they do exist!

I had never heard of them before but l see that they are available in selected Waitrose stores.
Would I joke Art?

You often find Burt's crisps for sale in local coffee shops and sometimes garages too.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top