Join for free
annju_13
USA
annju_13 is female 

28-03-2021, 06:13 PM

Smoothies

What kind of smoothies do you like?

I like to make my own fruit smoothies in the blender. I add bananas, blueberries, strawberries, carrots, and almond milk and ice cubes together. I don't add sugars or sweeteners because the fruit already have their own sugars.

I'm sure there are other smoothie recipes. Share them here!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 06:43 PM

Re: Smoothies

Originally Posted by annju_13 ->
What kind of smoothies do you like?

I like to make my own fruit smoothies in the blender. I add bananas, blueberries, strawberries, carrots, and almond milk and ice cubes together. I don't add sugars or sweeteners because the fruit already have their own sugars.

I'm sure there are other smoothie recipes. Share them here!
I really like spinach, kale, mango and kiwi. I blend with a bit of apple juice but then thin it out with plain old water!
It's absolutely delicious
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 08:38 PM

I don't have many smoothies but I always think bananas and or strawberries are essential.
annju_13
USA
annju_13 is female 

28-03-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I really like spinach, kale, mango and kiwi. I blend with a bit of apple juice but then thin it out with plain old water!
It's absolutely delicious
I've never tried a smoothie made with apple juice. Will definitely make that the next time I make smoothies!

I like all of my smoothies to be healthy. We don't add sugar to them. I think the natural sugars work well.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by annju_13 ->
I've never tried a smoothie made with apple juice. Will definitely make that the next time I make smoothies!

I like all of my smoothies to be healthy. We don't add sugar to them. I think the natural sugars work well.
I don't pile too much apple juice in ..as I've heard it's super calorific! A little sweetness goes a long way!
I've worked out the calories for a 500ml bottle is a 100ish
Once I've blitzed it and diluted it!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top