Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 05:01 AM

Re: Cartophile

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The only trouble with those laminated maps is they are a bugger to fold up and put in your rucksack Bruce.... My Dad used to have a linen one of Great Britain where he marked down all the places he cycled, some people couldn't drive that far these days.... I wish I had taken more care of it. And him, come to think of it...
You're getting a bit confused about scale.

I don't have these maps to direct me or carry about, they purely to stick on the wall at home. Lets face it you wouldn't use a map of the whole of Europe to plan a trip in the UK would you?

Every Tourism office has plenty of free maps for trip planing I have wadges of them including state maps. You'd be mad to pay for a planning map in my opinion

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:53 AM

Re: Cartophile

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You're getting a bit confused about scale.

I don't have these maps to direct me or carry about, they purely to stick on the wall at home. Lets face it you wouldn't use a map of the whole of Europe to plan a trip in the UK would you?

Every Tourism office has plenty of free maps for trip planing I have wadges of them including state maps. You'd be mad to pay for a planning map in my opinion

These days confusion is a constant companion Bruce....
However, I was referring to the hundreds of 'Ordnance Survey Maps' that cover the entire British Isles, one or two of which accompany me on all of my expeditions into the wild places.... They do laminated versions of these maps, but I prefer the paper editions so you can fold them into the area that you need. There is nothing worse than struggling with a full size sheet with a howling gale thrusting ice and snow into your face...

I didn't realise your map was for hanging on the wall, but a laminated version should be perfect for your needs Bruce. That is an impressive view of the size of Australia compared to Europe, and collectively don't even amount to a flea on a dogs back when considering the size of this planet. A fact that is so often ignored when the climate change brigade get on their high horses....Destroying the planet my arse!...

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top