Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 09:19 AM

Re: Witnessing a murder

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Perhaps George Floyd DID TRULY resist when in the back seat. However, does that merit an instant death sentence ??????

He never got as far as the back seat.from the footage I viewed.

I didn’t say it merited an instant death sentence, I’m sure the police officer in question, will have a trial, then hopefully justice will be done.

But...if the guy hadn’t resisted arrest he may still be alive today....

Police officers have a job to do...this one took it to the extreme and no doubt will pay for it, sadly the guy died..

If you get involved in law breaking, then these can be the consequences....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
He never got as far as the back seat.from the footage I viewed.

I didn’t say it merited an instant death sentence, I’m sure the police officer in question, will have a trial, then hopefully justice will be done.

But...if the guy hadn’t resisted arrest he may still be alive today....

Police officers have a job to do...this one took it to the extreme and no doubt will pay for it, sadly the guy died..

If you get involved in law breaking, then these can be the consequences....
the films you have seen are incomplete. George Floyd was handcuffed and put in the back seat of a police cruiser (On the DRIVERS side). Floyd was removed from the cruiser from the PASSENGERS SIDE.
I strongly disagree with you about the consequences of law breaking. A suspect should never, EVER be killed unless the police officer is in immediate danger of losing his life.

PS: people get drunk and sometimes become alcohol brave and then resist arrest. That is no excuse to murder the drunkard. Or the drug user or the mentally ill.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=bakerman;2064499]the films you have seen are incomplete. George Floyd was handcuffed and put in the back seat of a police cruiser (On the DRIVERS side). Floyd was removed from the cruiser from the PASSENGERS SIDE.
I strongly disagree with you about the consequences of law breaking. A suspect should never, EVER be killed unless the police officer is in immediate danger of losing his life.

PS: people get drunk and sometimes become alcohol brave and then resist arrest. That is no excuse to murder the

I agree. What "consequences" of law breaking there are are always the decision of a court. NOT police. Of course somebody can be killed during apprehension by police but only if they are armed and threatening police and the lives of those cops are threatened. Resisting arrest is an offence of course. Some cases are iffy yes but not this one. A huge number of people that are killed by police everywhere are mentally ill and unarmed.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 10:14 AM

the films you have seen are incomplete. George Floyd was handcuffed and put in the back seat of a police cruiser (On the DRIVERS side). Floyd was removed from the cruiser from the PASSENGERS SIDE.

PS: people get drunk and sometimes become alcohol brave and then resist arrest. That is no excuse to murder the drunkard. Or the drug user or the mentally ill.

The film I saw was complete with its own commentary,.
So, no it wasn’t incomplete.
A suspect should not be killed, but you are just focusing on the knee in his neck....the police officer was wrong to do that imo.
But the suspect was also in the wrong, no doubt about it.
If the guy had not broken the law, he would probably be alive today.

You don’t see the whole picture, the events that led to this guys death......

Keep the law...quite simple really.....I am sorry he died, but he should have stayed out of trouble and kept the law.

He was responsible for his own behaviour as are drug takers and drunks....there are consequences to all of those behaviour....and the poor police have to deal with it.

America is a dangerous place, coppers must safeguard themselves....
Very easy to criticise, when one is sat in the comfort of their own home, not every copper is like the guy who wouldn’t take his knee off the guys neck....you’re just trying to label all coppers that way,imo.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-03-2021, 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=keezoy;2064521]

PS: people get drunk and sometimes become alcohol brave and then resist arrest. That is no excuse to murder the

I agree. What "consequences" of law breaking there are are always the decision of a court. NOT police. Of course somebody can be killed during apprehension by police but only if they are armed and threatening police and the lives of those cops are threatened. Resisting arrest is an offence of course. Some cases are iffy yes but not this one. A huge number of people that are killed by police everywhere are mentally ill and unarmed.

There are “consequences” to law breaking, when being arrested ,if met with resistance, and quite rightly so.

In this case he resisted...and probably would still be alive if he hadn’t.

Unfortunately he met his death by a copper who went to the extreme,.....if only.....sadly one can’t go back.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The film I saw was complete with its own commentary,.
So, no it wasn’t incomplete.

A suspect should not be killed, but you are just focusing on the knee in his neck....the police officer was wrong to do that imo.
But the suspect was also in the wrong, no doubt about it.
If the guy had not broken the law, he would probably be alive today.

You don’t see the whole picture, the events that led to this guys death......

Keep the law...quite simple really.....I am sorry he died, but he should have stayed out of trouble and kept the law.

He was responsible for his own behaviour as are drug takers and drunks....there are consequences to all of those behaviour....and the poor police have to deal with it.

America is a dangerous place, coppers must safeguard themselves....
Very easy to criticise, when one is sat in the comfort of their own home, not every copper is like the guy who wouldn’t take his knee off the guys neck....your just trying to label all coppers that way,imo.
Did you see film of the stationary camera mounted on the building directly across the street? That film, shown widely during the trial today, clearly shows Floyd being handcuffed and put into the back of the police vehicle on the DRIVERS side. The film then clearly shows Floyd being removed from the back of the police vehicle on the PASSANGER side. If you did not see that film then your knowledge is incomplete.

if that had been the end of the incident, Dereck Chauvin would not now be on trial for murder. Chauvin could have chosen to taser Floyd OR spray him with pepper spray. Chauvin , instead chose to use lethal force by grinding his knee into Floyd's neck for 9 minutes and 28 seconds which was an extreme and unreasonable deadly force. MURDER ! Plain and simple.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-03-2021, 10:41 AM

Did you see film of the stationary camera mounted on the building directly across the street? That film, shown widely during the trial today, clearly shows Floyd being handcuffed and put into the back of the police vehicle on the DRIVERS side. The film then clearly shows Floyd being removed for the back of the police vehicle on the PASSANGER side. [B] If you did not see that film then your knowledge is incomplete.[/B/

if that had been the end of the incident, Dereck Chauvin would not now be on trial for murder. Chauvin could have chosen to taser Floyd OR spray him with pepper spray. Chauvin , instead chose to use lethal force by grinding his knee into Floyd's neck for 9 minutes and 28 seconds which was an extreme and unreasonable deadly force. MURDER ! Plain and simple.
I saw the whole film, I didn’t see what you saw...

So can your knowledge be incomplete, only got your word, which stands for nothing ,just like mine.

As I have said ,if the guy who was a law breaker, which he well was, he would probably be alive today, regardless of that cop murdering him, if that’s the case, maybe he did commit murder, that will be decided by the court.

But,if the guy hadn’t broken the law, he would probably still be alive.....those are the possible consequences to breaking the law,....the cop was wrong......so was the deceased ,well and truly wrong.

He should not have been under the cops knee, in the first place, if he had stayed out of trouble.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 10:46 AM

Did you see film of the stationary camera mounted on the building directly across the street? That film, shown widely during the trial today, clearly shows Floyd being handcuffed and put into the back of the police vehicle on the DRIVERS side. The film then clearly shows Floyd being removed from the back of the police vehicle on the PASSANGER side. If you did not see that film then your knowledge is incomplete.

I'm done here. I've stated what I think. Some are going to disagree. That's fine. But my parting gift is agreeance with the above. As Bakerman has said, the cop's options were numerous. He didn't use any of them. He is, at the very least criminally negligent and at worst a murderer. Also..he is not "all cops"..he is not "cops" as a force or cops as a culture. He is not cops as a gang. I am not talking about "cops" I'm talking about him. He is ONE cop. He is himself. And he, as himself. has committed a very serious crime. It was no acciden tand there is no excuse regardless .of what the black guy on the ground was doing. Now I have an eye operation tomorrow. I'm going to bed. Wish me luck!
bakerman
Mexico

31-03-2021, 10:50 AM

When an UNARMED person resists arrest, he/she can expect to come away with bruises OR be pepper spayed OR be tasered. And rightly so. It is NOT reasonable for the police to kill someone unless the cops life is in immediate danger. Anyone who thinks the police have a right to murder a suspect is, in my opinion, is without any humane feelings.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

31-03-2021, 10:52 AM

When an UNARMED person resists arrest, he/she can expect to come away with bruises OR be pepper spayed OR be tasered. And rightly so. It is NOT reasonable for the police to kill someone unless the cops life is in immediate danger. Anyone who thinks the police have a right to murder a suspect is, in my opinion, is without any humane feelings.

I don’t see anyone on this thread, who thinks the copper has a right to murder.an unarmed suspect.

Nope, I don’t see one.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top