Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 02:37 PM

Sony AX53 Camcorder first test

Ok first time of use ,so checking video quality . I think it is better than my old Panasonic camcorder but that is just my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz-_Hf6V0vI
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 02:40 PM

Re: Sony AX53 Camcorder first test

That's a good crisp picture, RS...even when zooming in. It does go slightly skewiff when too close, I think, at the very end of the zoom. But maybe that's just my monitor
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 02:40 PM

Don't all modern digital cameras take video Speedy? I didn't know camcorders were still around...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 03:45 PM

PK I zoomed in too close that is all

Barry
yes modern DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) cameras do take video, however due to licencing laws they are only allowed to record for around 30 minuites or there abouts.I have read somewhere one camera company with one model may have overcome this issue

This is not the case with camcorders, they can record until the battery runs out or the memory card/s get full.

Consider recording an outside event and your camera stops recording at a particular time , maybe just as a horse is about to jump a fence and your camera stops. You can't capture that again.

A camcorder can also take stills and even one frame from the video in this case recording in 4k.

Don't get me wrong both have their place like every other picture recording machine.

If I had taken my Nikon camera through the markets in Egypt I would risk it being snatched due to its size so I used the camcorder which fitted into a pocket with my hand on top
On the other hand having more that one DSLR and a system that can trigger both with one controller also has its benefits.

Down to personal choice really, I would and never knocked anyone with just a small cheap camera, that is how I started out with digital cameras with a Kodak point and shoot with only 2 meg pixels Kodak CX4200 if my memory serves me correctly, just to find out what all this "digital" lark was all about.
soon found out its limits so progressed from there with better cameras
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 03:59 PM

I didn't know there was licensing laws for them? That's interesting, RS, I wonder why...I'm going to google it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

02-04-2021, 04:01 PM

PK maybe not a licence as in as much as limits set by camera companies, I stand corrected

https://www.borrowlenses.com/blog/vi...-dslr-cameras/
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-04-2021, 04:05 PM

Yes, thanks, RS. I'm reading (older) articles of these rules and regulations and it does seem so. There are ways around it (which invalidate the guarantee of course) but in this day and age where practically everything is recorded, it seems a weird law!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

02-04-2021, 06:23 PM

been practising walking with the camcorder to stop jerkiness. Far better than i ever managed before with the other camcorder

practise makes perfect
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-04-2021, 06:26 PM

Got it now! Yes, that's really steady going! It must have good stabilisation! You have a lovely garden too - I'm quite envious
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-04-2021, 10:25 PM

Just fitted a UV filter to protect the lens and shutter blades

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top