Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:02 PM

its gone THe panasonic camcorder.

Yes very reluctantly my Panasonic HC X900m camcorder is on its way to a camera shop in P/X.
It has been with me to so many countries I lost count,parting with it is depressing after 9 years but it had to make way for the new Sony.
I could have sold it elsewhere but with the recent cooling fan stopping and having to fix it made me realise it was about time.
At least there will be no comeback from anyone making me look like a dodgy seller.

Yes I could have had it overhauled but I had to weigh that up against the cost of buying new and it wasn't worth it in my opinion.

On the new Sony there are things I like and things I miss that was on the old Panasonic. things like recording to card or internal memory and lack of individual controls.

Like everything there is a plus and minus and on the plus side the inbuilt steady gimble is absolutely amazing, something sorely missing on the Panasonic . The pictures/videos appear to look better and the digital zoom is unbelievable.
When the hand grip arrives from Japan it will make all the difference as that has controls on it to zoom fast/slow and photo as well as an on/off button.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 05:50 PM

Re: its gone THe panasonic camcorder.

Its kinda strange you are trading in for a new model as I'm considering a Panasonic AG-UX180 4K. I've never owned a camcorder before and my son-in-law reckons this for a couple of grand is a good buy, but I have no idea. Is it a good model or should I consider summat else? I don't want to start off with a rubbish brand/model and I don't know where to look for unbiased advice.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 07:40 PM

All I would say is research first to see if it is what you really need.
Youtube is a good start which is why i went for the Sony camcorder normally costing £699 but i got mine when discounted to£649 as a special offer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71-NmfP1R4

LD pm me if you want to know more or pop over to try for yourself. I am in East Sussex not far from Bexhill
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Yes very reluctantly my Panasonic HC X900m camcorder is on its way to a camera shop in P/X.
It has been with me to so many countries I lost count,parting with it is depressing after 9 years but it had to make way for the new Sony..
It was good to see that you took the advice of all the members who took the trouble to suggest that you chuck that camera in the bin and buy a decent, more modern one.

Well done for heeding members advice when you asked for it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

07-04-2021, 04:30 AM

Bruce
There are times when others can see what should be done when I can't due to reluctance to part with anything. Getting rid of something that has served for all those years (9 years) with very little going wrong, only a new sliding switch ( from stills to video to replay) shows how well it was built. I would have still kept it if a large share dividend hadn't come my way .
Still got to get used to the new Sony camcorder and waiting for those little extras such as grip- lens hood- and yet another battery, saw a UK company had the last in their stock so got it at reduced clearance price as they are expensive. Maybe I am lucky but Already saved £100 against normal camcorder and extra battery price and more with what I hope they actually offer in P/X .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top