Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:35 PM

Re: Chatted up.

I think some women mistake a friendly chat for being chatted up.
Most men are just being friendly and don’t mean anything more than that.

I am stating this generally, not at anyone on this thread.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It was just a thought, no problem as I don't want a smart meter either!

Perhaps you should be more assertive in your rejections, that just might work!

Is being 'chatted up' a type of behaviour just females have to tolerate I wonder? As a male I've never been 'chatted up' in my life! Perhaps I am just missing out on something here!

I like being chatted up or having a harmless flirt..this guy took it to far......I used to flirt in the gym with some of the older guys....we are more relaxed at our age plus it’s harmless fun and banter...it doesn’t go any farther....

Have you never had a woman flirt with you Baz, seriously?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 03:14 PM

Do chat up lines work? I don't think so they are too cheesy. Striking up a general conversation is a far better way to get to know someone.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 03:38 PM

A lifetime ago when I ran a band, some of the young lady followers didn't need any chat-up lines and some would as good as come straight out with a date request almost before I/we left the front-of-house.
My wife (A Swede) first captured my heart after her rendition of Dance On as my band played behind her and two years later we were married. To this I will add ..it was the singer, not the song that hit the right spot for me. That was well over 50yrs ago and I cannot hear that song without it all flooding back to me.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Indeed...as do some men mistake a woman being friendly.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 03:46 PM

I tend to agree with Artangel that most men are being friendly with no intention to take it further. It must not be easy to be a guy in a time in which every word and action can be misconstrued.

That said, I do believe that women should always, always trust that gut feeling that something isn't right. One of the men who gave me that dark, creepy when I was a young teen was the minister of our church. He was later convicted of pedophilia. Another guy who gave me the same sense was arrested for date rape a few years later.

I'm not saying that those alarms are always right, but I believe there is something to them and should be respected.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
A lifetime ago when I ran a band, some of the young lady followers didn't need any chat-up lines and some would as good as come straight out with a date request almost before I/we left the front-of-house.
My wife (A Swede) first captured my heart after her rendition of Dance On as my band played behind her and two years later we were married. To this I will add ..it was the singer, not the song that hit the right spot for me. That was well over 50yrs ago and I cannot hear that song without it all flooding back to me.

Aww, Long Driver. What a remarkable story! Many happy years ahead to you both!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I tend to agree with Artangel that most men are being friendly with no intention to take it further. It must not be easy to be a guy in a time in which every word and action can be misconstrued.

That said, I do believe that women should always, always trust that gut feeling that something isn't right. One of the men who gave me that dark, creepy when I was a young teen was the minister of our church. He was later convicted of pedophilia. Another guy who gave me the same sense was arrested for date rape a few years later.

I'm not saying that those alarms are always right, but I believe there is something to them and should be respected.
Yep.👍
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

07-04-2021, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Do chat up lines work? I don't think so they are too cheesy. Striking up a general conversation is a far better way to get to know someone.
Exactly, just like the guys in the gym, we got to know each other over time..oh I miss that fun, I enjoy flirting at this age, I never knew or understood it when younger.

I remember one guy I called his bluff....he sh.. himself....😂🤣😅.....I’m single and it’s all harmless fun,imo.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I'd go along with that.

I'd also point out that there may be in many instances both a reluctance to engage in conversation in the first place and an awareness of the need for caution with what is being said in the current climate because of a fear of contravening what is currently seen as acceptable.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top