Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 09:56 PM

Re: Chatted up.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
showed him my ring.
I thought you were trying to discourage him, pauline.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 10:35 PM

Showed him my Ring.

Yuk, that should have been enough to discourage him.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 12:36 AM

haha there was a guy who started chatting me up by the vegetable aisle. Started talking about cucumbers I think.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Showed him my Ring.

Yuk, that should have been enough to discourage him.
oh my!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Crikey ,what a way to meet,

I haven’t been in the shop for ages, i don’t think he would go to that extent, I think I was partly to blame because I was being friendly to him and laughing at his silly jokes,whilst waiting for my key to be charged, i am not the sort of lady who could tell him to f..k off.....because of this my guard is now up with men,......I must not get familiar with them...my son also gave me that advice,....sometimes we say things that we don’t even realise that something may be read into it....by the man or woman in question...thanks for the advice....I’ve taken it on board.
No you don’t have to drop any f bombs
Men know from the actions of a woman whether to carry on or back off. They learn from your reactions
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I thought you were trying to discourage him, pauline.

I guess when I did visit... I shouldn’t have gone in my gym gear.,...he couldn’t take his eyes off my a..😂🤣😅..,
I could see him in a mirror he has in the shop....
At least he had self control...he could have put my hip replacement out of line..😂🤣😅.....if he had got me in that store room...😂🤣😅

No harm done Harbal.......I may pluck up courage to go back in one day....😂
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
haha there was a guy who started chatting me up by the vegetable aisle. Started talking about cucumbers I think.....

He didn’t sell cucumbers,Annie.😂🤣😅
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-04-2021, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
This is such a refreshing thread. Thanks Pauline
Nope, I don’t flirt - like EVER (to be honest, I wouldn’t know where to start so I’m much like Baz46 and LQ) and I don’t EVER get chatted up. Not ever, not once mainly because I’m not prone to environments that encourages flirting.
I guess it all depends on how one carries oneself. And, I hate games especially mind games.

I recall in church once, we’d pulled an all nighter, I was tired and went to sit in the sanctuary for some peace. This bloke (who was a friend- we were all in the singles group) walks up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders to massage my tired shoulders. I got the shock of my life and jumped out of my half slumber and almost hit the ceiling beams. Very unexpected behaviour or, clearly my flirtdar is missing!

I would tow the line if a man started touching me....that is a definite no no for me....harmless flirting by men I have met in the gym and got to know, great fun...we laughed so much.

I’m a very happy person Minx.....I never used to like male company ,but over the years I have developed and grew to realise that they definitely aren’t all the same......

Unfortunately some men and woman read something into flirting that isn’t there......this guy was nearly my eldest sons age....he still has a lot of growing to do.... sometimes actions/ reactions could be misunderstood.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-04-2021, 07:30 AM

We can also” react” in certain situations, instead of acting in that situation...it’s learning to “ act” instead of “ react”....

We need to think in certain situations, be smart read or listen to what is being said...then act.....example some put out bait or goad you...be one step ahead don’t “ react”...it’s a trap.....recognise the wording or how it’s said.
I was one said person so know through experience.....sometimes we aren’t even aware of our reactions or how we can bait/ goad other people.....
In many situations I have found myself “ reacting “ instead of acting....we’re all learning though...some are quicker than others.😀😃

Each individual learns in their own way....there is no timeline on learning in areas....we never stop learning.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:34 AM

I've only ever been chatted up a few times in my life. Two were in slightly humorous circumstances, but none were in strange places.

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top