Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 08:58 AM

Re: No seat for Ursula.

VDL could have sat on his lap, that would have got her noticed behaving like a poor relative of the Kardashians.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
VDL could have sat on his lap, that would have got her noticed behaving like a poor relative of the Kardashians.
Yes, all she had to do would have been to go stand in front (right in the face of) one of those who took the chairs.

Then, if she turned, to the cameraman, and said "get a picture of this!" they would have jumped up.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:04 PM

The Italian Ambassador has been summoned after Premier Mario Draghi called Erdoğan a dictator
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...rdogan-remarks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
The Italian Ambassador has been summoned after Premier Mario Draghi called Erdoğan a dictator
I'd find it quite amusing if the EU and Turkey fell out over this!

On the other hand, I don't particularly want us to ally ourselves with either of them. Let them disagree to their hearts' content.

BTW, does Turkey participate in the Eurovision Song Contest?
And do we now?
I always found watching the results of the voting pour in, just to see who is currently friends with whom!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

On the other hand, I don't particularly want us to ally ourselves with either of them. Let them disagree to their hearts' content.

And do we now?
I always found watching the results of the voting pour in, just to see who is currently friends with whom!
Have we ever been given any points by the Irish judges?

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Have we ever been given any points by the Irish judges?

Or the Frogs?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

And do we now?

Yes to both questions. Turkey even won once in the 1980s. I would so love for us to pull out of this stupid contest. If it wasn't for the Beeb's financial contribution (sorry, our licence fees) every year, the event would have stopped yonks ago.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-04-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yes to both questions. Turkey even won once in the 1980s. I would so love for us to pull out of this stupid contest. If it wasn't for the Beeb's financial contribution (sorry, our licence fees) every year, the event would have stopped yonks ago.
Not mine, I'm pleased to say.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Exactly this.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
He's right though. Erdoğan will do anything to stay in power either by trying to declare the results of a vote as null and void because he didn't win, or changing his designation to president, and making damned sure he can't be deposed by controlling the military. He's an out-and-out thug turning the one-time moderate Turkey into an Islamic state.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top