Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 09:43 AM

Re: Risktaking

I admire anyone who takes a risk and starts a business. My ex partner was an entrepreneur, he would get an idea for a business and then start it. He took the risk and said his PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) would help it through.

In life, l suppose it’s better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I did my CBT test to ride a motorbike when I was 65 I told no one . When I passed I bought a 125 motorbike and surprised my kids by turning up at their house in my leathers

I no longer ride my own bike but I've kept my helmet just in case I ever meet a biker !
That’s so cool. I keep saying I’m going to get another motorbike someday.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:12 AM

I risk my pound, on premium Bonds, knowing that the chance of winning is very small.

I risk my life, by driving on our roads, knowing that there are many idiots on there.

Yes, I take a lot of risks, knowingly or not.

We all do.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I risk my pound, on premium Bonds, knowing that the chance of winning is very small.

I risk my life, by driving on our roads, knowing that there are many idiots on there.

Yes, I take a lot of risks, knowingly or not.

We all do.
My premium bonds come up almost every month, they are a better investment than our saving accounts.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
My premium bonds come up almost every month, they are a better investment than our saving accounts.
I understand that the ns&i pay-out is 1%.

So they are, marginally, better than our banks.

My return on Premium Bond investment (of 7 grand) is, currently, 0%.

Wonder why winners never calculate, or mention, the overall return on their investment.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I understand that the ns&i pay-out is 1%.

So they are, marginally, better than our banks.

My return on Premium Bond investment (of 7 grand) is, currently, 0%.

Wonder why winners never calculate, or mention, the overall return on their investment.
I don't really care about the return. Yes, I am happy when I get something, but to me it's a way of storing my money & an easy way to get it back if I need it.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:27 PM

So ,has anyone gone into real risk taking ,I mean for example potholing,mountain climbing ?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
So ,has anyone gone into real risk taking ,I mean for example potholing,mountain climbing ?
I guess you could say horse riding has risk, specially if you show jump or event. I did do a bit of that when younger. Even hacking can cause risk if a horse is a bit sharp.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I don't really care about the return. Yes, I am happy when I get something, but to me it's a way of storing my money & an easy way to get it back if I need it.
Exactly, and there's the anticipation of waiting for an unlikely phone call from Agent Millions on the 1st day of each month and of waiting for a more likely email from Ernie telling you you have won something.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I guess you could say horse riding has risk, specially if you show jump or event. I did do a bit of that when younger. Even hacking can cause risk if a horse is a bit sharp.
I suppose you could call all the aforementioned outdoor pursuits that carry a risk, where you wouldn’t probably think before doing it “ if I do this I might have a really bad accident “
I’ve never taken any illegal drugs so it still surprises me that some knowingly risk their lives for a feeling .

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top