Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 06:33 AM

Valid Points.

Hi

One of the great things about this Forum is that people can make valid points without being nasty or personal and you get good advice.

Some I take, other perfectly valid points I do not.

One today was about me driving again because I am legally allowed to do so.

No offence taken at all, a very good post.

I also had a very good and very relevant post by one of the Mods.

In an ideal world I would not get annoyed by what my next door neighbour is up to.

No support from the Police or the Council so we are where we are.

I am not having him dealing from my driveway, that stresses me out and stress is something I do not need at the moment.

I am not having him making life a misery for me or others.

He is not going to be dealing drugs from my property or abusing his woman in earshot.

That is not me and I have to react.

That is my choice and the way I must go to protect my own health.

I know some think this wrong, but such is life.

I will not see women or children being abused or sold drugs so they become dependant on them.

I can cope with the criticism, but I will never change.

I will always challenge these pillocks. I will never back down
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:49 AM

Re: Valid Points.

I wish you hadn't moved there Spitty I really do. Maybe when you feel a bit stronger would you consider moving?...its not an ideal place for you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:54 AM

Pardon You!!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Pardon You!!!
Pardon ?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:08 AM

Swimmy, everyone here cares about you and your health and does not want to see you make yourself ill over this - much less get into trouble. I understand your frustration, but would prefer if you continued down the route of involving the police to get something done, rather than yourself.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wish you hadn't moved there Spitty I really do. Maybe when you feel a bit stronger would you consider moving?...its not an ideal place for you.
I have only ever driven through Shrewsbury.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
– Snip –

No support from the Police or the Council so we are where we are.
– Snip –
Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Swimmy, everyone here cares about you and your health and does not want to see you make yourself ill over this - much less get into trouble. I understand your frustration, but would prefer if you continued down the route of involving the police to get something done, rather than yourself.
There lies the problem, report a situation to the police and they don't want to know then just what can the individual do. An ex-work colleague of mine was supporting his elderly mother against a 'nasty neighbour' in the adjoining flat who was causing her problems. He had words with this 'person' who then turned nasty towards him. Rather than become involved in 'fisticuffs' the police were called. They attended and both were informed that if this situation continued they would both be arrested! How's that for an injustice!

That I believe is what is often happening in this country now, police are finding they are unable to properly resolve this type of problem, due to staffing shortages. The person who wants them to do something to stop what is happening is then left without any resolution or justice, just as swimfeeders has made obvious in the past. This is totally wrong and should not be happening but it is and more often I believe, as some parts of society descend into more antisocial behaviour and all too often the violence that goes with that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 10:15 AM

Hi

I moved here for my son, to get him a house he could reach everything within walking distance.

No great shakes, the house in Prees was far too big for me.

The problem is that that whilst it was a nice house, plenty big enough for me and him, times have changed.

The problem is quite simply a change of neighbours, from nice on both sides, to a complete disaster on one side.

Absolutely no help from the Police or the Council.

He is a nasty arrogant git, a very scary man with no regard for the law at all.

I am not moving, I will not be dictated to by him or others of his ilk.

He will be the one moving, not me.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 11:30 AM

Hi

I moved here for my son, to get him a house he could reach everything within walking distance.

The problem is that that whilst it was a nice house, plenty big enough for me and him, times have changed.

The problem is quite simply a change of neighbours, from nice on both sides, to a complete disaster on one side.

Just chill out. Minding your own business will help. Try it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2021, 12:09 PM

Hi

If as you say, you only bought that house for Guy, what does he want? Does he even want to live there now? You never mention him anymore.

This has been playing on your mind for such a long time now, and I remember you once posted it was YOU who got warned off by the police last time - not the neighbour. Maybe you ought to learn from that?

Where I live, my neighbour cannot even get onto my driveway as there is a dividing fence. Can't you just have a fence put up?
He's only doing it to wind you up and it works beautifully!

Is all this daily hassle really worth it? Wouldn't it be better to just cut your losses and get out of there to somewhere more peaceful, for Guy's sake?

The way I see it, you've got four choices:-

1. Hit the neighbour and get yourself arrested.
2. Ignore what he's doing - it's his life.
3. Get a dividing fence erected.
4. Move out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top