Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 12:07 PM

Awkward Teenagers and Pre Teens.

Hi

I was one, but learnt my lessons.

Nadi, pretend granddaughter, has hormones raging and now is rebel rebel.

She is not coming with Mum again, it is so boring.

No problem Nadi, you have not earned any money so I am not giving you any.

Mum is not giving you any either.

McDonalds has been driven past, if she wants trainers she has an allowance of £20, not £80.

I would not want to be in that car on the way home.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 12:20 PM

Re: Awkward Teenagers and Pre Teens.

"You can have all the McDonalds and fancy trainers you want, in return for a legally binding written undertaking to look after me in my old age and not put me in a home"
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 12:23 PM

Oh the stories I could tell about my two! Not about me of course, because I was just lovely!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 12:24 PM

Keep right out of it Swimmy, it is not your problem and it is for her Mum to deal with.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Keep right out of it Swimmy, it is not your problem and it is for her Mum to deal with.
It's too late Mags, sounds like Swimmies allready spoilt her ??
LOL !!

Donkeyman! 👎🤗🤗👎
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 01:32 PM

My oldest son was a right wotnot bless him .
As along as his behaviour didn’t endanger himself or others I ignored it .
Were ever possible I kept his bedroom door shut so not to see the mess ..when he finally ran out of clean clothes he had to pick them off the floor !
Please to say he turned out lovely in the end.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 01:54 PM

On the whole our children behaved well. We were quite strict, their schoolwork was all important as they took after their father intelligence wise, not their thick old mother. They all obtained good degrees and good jobs. However, we did ensure they were able to enjoy their childhood too, and they don't seem to have any complaint it. I am so very grateful the internet and mobile phones weren't part of their youth as they are with today's younger generation.

Our grandchildren seem sensible and aren't causing their parents any concern. They are all intelligent and appear to be doing well with their academic studies.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hi

I am , I know when I am beat.

Druggies and yobs, not a problem.

Mothers and daughters are a complete no no.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 03:53 PM

I don't know its origin but I do remember an old Bubbe (Yiddish old lady / grandmother) who whenever the subject of kids came up would shake her head and say "First they break your arms and then your heart" presumably having to physically carry them and then face the tsores (troubles/heartaches) they bring as they grow.

She wasn't wrong.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top