Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 09:27 AM

Racist cops do it again

In video of last December, we see cops attacking a black man who was ALSO a Lt. in the army AND in full uniform.
The Lt. had just purchased a new SUV and he had the completely legal paper tags displayed in the rear window. The cops claim that they did not see any paper tag in the window. They turned on their flashing lights and attempted to pull the Lt. over. The Lt., sensing danger, turned on his blinkers and slowly proceeded to a well lit gas station before stopping. (completely legal in the U.S.)
At the gas station, the cops pulled their guns and aimed them at the Lt. and ordered him out of the SUV. The Lt. said "I am afraid of you". One cop replied, "You should be". The Lt. had his hands out the window to show that he presented no danger to the cops. The Lt. repeatedly asked why he was being stopped. One cop said, "You are fixin' to ride the lightening". (A reference to an execution.) One cop pepper sprayed him directly in the face , drug him from the SUV, slammed him to the ground and handcuffed the law abiding army Lt. No charges were ever filed against the Lt. because he had not done anything illegal.
The cop who pepper spayed the LT has, just now, 4months AFTER the event, been fired. The Lt. has hired a team of attorneys and is in the process of suing the cops in Federal Court.
Clearly, too many of America's cops are racist. They are acting like gestapo and they think it is open hunting season on blacks in America.
I foresee the day when blacks will begin to fight back and set-up and ambush cops.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 09:30 AM

Re: Racist cops do it again

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
In video of last December, we see cops attacking a black man who was ALSO a Lt. in the army AND in full uniform.
The Lt. had just purchased a new SUV and he had the completely legal paper tags displayed in the rear window. The cops claim that they did not see any paper tag in the window. They turned on their flashing lights and attempted to pull the Lt. over. The Lt., sensing danger, turned on his blinkers and slowly proceeded to a well lit gas station before stopping. (completely legal in the U.S.)
At the gas station, the cops pulled their guns and aimed them at the Lt. and ordered him out of the SUV. The Lt. said "I am afraid of you". One cop replied, "You should be". The Lt. had his hands out the window to show that he presented no danger to the cops. The Lt. repeatedly asked why he was being stopped. One cop said, "You are fixin' to ride the lightening". (A reference to an execution.) One cop pepper sprayed him directly in the face , drug him from the SUV, slammed him to the ground and handcuffed the law abiding army Lt.
The cop who pepper spayed the LT has, just now, 4months AFTER the event, been fired. The Lt. has hired a team of attorneys and is in the process of suing the cops in Federal Court.
Clearly, too many of America's cops are racist. They are acting like gestapo and they think it is open hunting season on blacks in America.
I foresee the day when blacks will begin to fight back and set-up and ambush cops.
I see nothing racist involved.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I see nothing racist involved.
Coming from you, I am not a bit surprised.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 10:23 AM

At the gas station, the cops pulled their guns and aimed them at the Lt. and ordered him out of the SUV. The Lt. said "I am afraid of you". One cop replied, "You should be". The Lt. had his hands out the window to show that he presented no danger to the cops. The Lt. repeatedly asked why he was being stopped. One cop said, "You are fixin' to ride the lightening". (A reference to an execution.) One cop pepper sprayed him directly in the face , drug him from the SUV, slammed him to the ground and handcuffed the law abiding army Lt. No charges were ever filed against the Lt. because he had not done anything illegal.
"Too many"?
Okay, I can understand that even having one might be called one too many but let's be realistic here.
There will inevitably be those that are indeed racist, but how many cops are there in the USA?

You can't reasonably blame every single cop for the actions of the very rare one or two that are in any way nasty and given the number of cops and the number of incidents which these cops attend daily, that such as you point out above remains a very rare occurrence.
It isn't pleasant and no, it doesn't do the professional image any good but it is rare which is why examples aren't huge in number.

Let the looey sue and I hope he wins, but that should then be the end of the matter.
There's absolutely nothing that would be gained by using force as in your suggestion.
Use the law.
It not only avoids long-term raised interracial tensions but forces recognition of potential for problems and forces change.
Change which with regard to the subject matter can only be for the good.
bakerman
Mexico

13-04-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
"Too many"?
Okay, I can understand that even having one might be called one too many but let's be realistic here.
There will inevitably be those that are indeed racist, but how many cops are there in the USA?

You can't reasonably blame every single cop for the actions of the very rare one or two that are in any way nasty and given the number of cops and the number of incidents which these cops attend daily, that such as you point out above remains a very rare occurrence.
It isn't pleasant and no, it doesn't do the professional image any good but it is rare which is why examples aren't huge in number.

Let the looey sue and I hope he wins, but that should then be the end of the matter.
There's absolutely nothing that would be gained by using force as in your suggestion.
Use the law.
It not only avoids long-term raised interracial tensions but forces recognition of potential for problems and forces change.

Change which with regard to the subject matter can only be for the good.
Zaphod, you mention using the law. That would be a great thing... provided it worked. Unfortunately, thus far, the law is not working.
Enormous changes must be made:
1.) A complete overhaul of the law. Specifically, the end to "qualified immunity"
2.) Civilian review boards. No more police investigating themselves.
3.) Whenever a cop is found guilty of violating the police dept policy, he must be fired, and never again be hired in any police dept.
4.) If a cop is found guilty of ANY felony, he should loose his pension.
5.) New law is needed allowing victims of police brutality to go after any and all of the cops assets: house, car, bank account etc.

To be clear, I am NOT advocating that blacks should ambush police. However, I do foresee the day when that will come. There is a limit on how much injustice any people can tolerate, before the people become extremely violent.
History is overflowing with examples of revolution when the people are fed up with being oppressed.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:36 AM

Zaphod, you mention using the law. That would be a great thing... provided it worked. Unfortunately, thus far, the law is not working.
1.) A complete overhaul of the law. Specifically, the end to "qualified immunity"
3.) Whenever a cop is found guilty of violating the police dept policy, he must be fired, and never again be hired in any police dept.
5.) New law is needed allowing victims of police brutality to go after any and all of the cops assets: house, car, bank account etc.

To be clear, I am NOT advocating that blacks should ambush police. However, I do foresee the day when that will come.
The FIRST change that must be made is by schwartzers TO DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD BY THE POLICE.

As for anyone losing their pension - that is just disgusting. Same with a person having his property taken.

Qualified immunity - why not for some things?

Tell me, why do you have such hatred for people doing an incredibly difficult and dangerous job defending civilisation from attacks by savages?
bakerman
Mexico

13-04-2021, 12:21 PM

To be clear, I am NOT advocating that blacks should ambush police. However, I do foresee the day when that will come. There is a limit on how much injustice any people can tolerate, before the people become extremely violent.
History is overflowing with examples of revolution when the people are fed up with being oppressed.
Who remembers the school yard bullies ? What made them do the horrible things to other people ? In my opinion, the same type of people become police. Is it a desire/need to have power over others ? A desire/need to hurt others ?
We all are aware that sadists exist. It would be the most natural thing in the world for sadists to join any organization that controls others because they could then have free-reign
to harm others and still be protected by the law.. Thus they get a thrill, perhaps even sexual excitement.
Did anyone else notice that Dereck Chauvin had is hand in his pants pocket the whole time he was murdering George Floyd ? Was he hiding his "pleasure" ?
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 12:36 PM

Not all police officers are bad people by any means, many are good decent people, as I know for a fact.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 01:17 PM

Then Americans should protest by only voting in politicians devoted to making such changes instead of allowing the current situation to continue.
The USA is supposedly a democracy in which case the people should decide which things matter most and then vote accordingly.

No country is perfect as you know (I've read before of why you live where you don ) but only the people can make changes.
That however all too often takes time as well as the will to do so.
As we here in the UK know only too well.

Living where you do your stance is more than a little surprising since you can see what real oppression is.
And it's not the very, very occasional episode of a cop picking on a black guy.

If the limit for such alleged injustice really is such a minute number of instances whereby whatever it is could incite people to violence then it becomes obvious that the real reason for violence is not really the alleged injustice but rather the desire to cause trouble.
That is more akin to anarchy.
Apart from the rabble-rousers, people generally are more perceptive than to actively engage in such actions.

Again I say the the number of incidents to which you refer are minutely small when compared to the huge number of police and the number of things which they deal with every single day.
I wonder how many of the average anual 100+ deaths of US cops while on duty are attributable to black people, one way or another?
Or of injuries and caused by say gunshot, stabbing or even vehicular assault?
I imagine that is why cops are so careful.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 03:08 PM

Everyone was wrong here.

The police officer was to blame for unnecessarily escalating the situation. Just like Chauvin, he let his ego (more than racial bias) get the better of him. At some point he let his rationality go and let his primitive need for authority take over. Bad cop.

The driver was also in the wrong. When the police lights went on in the cruiser, the drive felt it better to drive for two minutes to get to a well-lit, busy location where he felt safer. I am not sure why a grown man would feel the need to do this, but I was always taught as a woman to find a similarly busy and public location. What the driver's mistake was that he didn't call 911 to explain what he was doing or signal the police officer in some way to acknowledge him. By all accounts, it looked like resisting arrest. By the time he him over, the officer was royally ticked off - no excuse for a professional to lose his temper, however.

While the driver remained calm, he repeatedly did NOT follow instructions. The officers repeatedly asked him to step out of the car, which he refused to do. Stupid decision. I don't know why this guy is being lauded - he was repeatedly being defiant.

The next mistake was that the officer did not explain in a calm voice why he wanted him out of the car, so they got into a ridiculously circular argument. I have always taught my son to put his hands on ten and two on the steering wheel, keep his hands there, continue to address to the officer as "sir" and to ask permission for every step after that - from removing his seatbelt to opening the glove compartment for registration. Police have every reason to be edgy when approaching vehicles.

The exact wrong time to decide to take on civil rights is when you are being pulled over by law enforcement. Be respectful, follow directions, and save your argument for the courtroom, elected officials, and law enforcement itself.

The protocol for being pulled over for a traffic or other citation really needs to be standardized, and taught and tested in driver education. This video should be used to teach everyone what NOT to do.

BTW, riding the lightning is a reference to being tasered, not the electric chair. Inappropriate because it is vague and obviously unprofessional.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top