Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:35 PM

Re: Racist cops do it again

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Baker man, if those cops had been punching those girls in the face, especially at a “ live” Beatles concert, surely that would have been caught on camera, as the girls were rushing the stage.....any footage or even newspaper reports, regarding this outrageous / horrifying behaviour from the police.....can you post a clip or a newspaper cutting ?

I’m surprised that didn’t make the headlines, or did it?....
I look to see what I can find. However, that was 56 years ago and no one had cell phones. There may be some news articles if I can find them. My uncle was a radio newsman and we both had tickets back stage, so I got a good look at what happened.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	02ca1ebf7fc0b57d3dd05098699a683a.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	15300   Click image for larger version

Name:	OIPG1UB8QZM.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	15301  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:39 PM

I agree with this post, I don’t agree that they are low life though,..everything else I agree with.
Pauline, the trouble is coming from ghetto-meisters and has spilled over such that now the police HAVE to act as though every confrontation may well be with one, at least to start with.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I look to see what I can find. However, that was 56 years ago and no one had cell phones. There may be some news articles if I can find them. My uncle was a radio newsman and we both had tickets back stage, so I got a good look at what happened.
Beatles concerts always had cameras filming the act and the audience to produce news items.

It would have been captured and broadcast as part of the news. It certainly was where attempted stage invasion took place in other top line concerts.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Pauline, the trouble is coming from ghetto-meisters and has spilled over such that now the police HAVE to act as though every confrontation may well be with one, at least to start with.
I understand what you are saying....but imo no one is a low life, some have just lost their way or got into / influenced by the wrong crowd....just my thoughts.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:49 PM

They had cameras in those days,?...I would be very interested in seeing those articles.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:58 PM

They had cameras in those days,?...I would be very interested in seeing those articles.
On a lighter note, a photo of one girl was front page news. She was overwhelmed and in a frenzy. Her catholic high school expelled her for "un-lady-like behavior". My uncles station, WNOE elected her as "Beatle Queen" and the station made such a stink about the girl being expelled that the Catholic high school relented and re-admitted her.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-04-2021, 06:04 PM

On a lighter note, a photo of one girl was front page news. She was overwhelmed and in a frenzy. Her catholic high school expelled her for "un-lady-like behavior". My uncles station, WNOE elected her as "Beatle Queen" and the station made such a stink about the girl being expelled that the Catholic high school relented and re-admitted her.

Wow, quite right too....I saw the monkeys in concert in London, many of the girls were in a frenzy....I remember that sight to this day, there was so much screaming, you couldn’t hear the group play... they had a lot of responsibility looking after those screaming girls, especially the ones who went hysterical.....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:07 PM

Wow, quite right too....I saw the monkeys in concert in London, many of the girls were in a frenzy....I remember that sight to this day, there was so much screaming, you couldn’t hear the group play... they had a lot of responsibility looking after those screaming girls, especially the ones who went hysterical.....
I was at a Beatles Concert in 1964 as well, in the Caird Hall in Dundee. I think my whole class from school was there that night. We were about half way back so had a no bad view and could hear the band...... Just.
bakerman
Mexico

13-04-2021, 06:38 PM

Yes, those were wonderfully innocent days. I well remember how I was back stage and managed to touch each of the Beatles on the shoulder as they went on stage. Yeah, I know. it sounds silly now, but back then I thought it was a really big deal. Ha Ha
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
They're not. The overwhelming majority are decent helpful people doing an incredibly difficult job having to confront low life things that resent being told what to do.
Agree.

Three days ago in New Mexico:

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top