Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:50 PM

Re: The Weekly Whinge

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
HAH, Tell me about it. Incomers can be a real pain, especially if they have come from a large City.
I have to agree...some people locally have put up electric fencing around their field of sheep, with a sign that says "Do Not Feed The Sheep" Electric fencing though??
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:59 PM

These people would probably buy a house on the moon and complain there’s no atmosphere...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have to agree...some people locally have put up electric fencing around their field of sheep, with a sign that says "Do Not Feed The Sheep" Electric fencing though??
We had to move the horses away from the fields beside the road, people would stop to pet them, feed them treats, go into the field with them, even let them out. They are up beside the house now where they can be seen through the window.
My friend who lives between Perth n Dundee has 19 horses, mostly rescues and some idiots let them all out onto the dual carriage way. What a carry on trying to catch them, police were there, locals were there, cars stopped to help. It took for ever to get them all back in, now they are also in a field away from the road.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
We had to move the horses away from the fields beside the road, people would stop to pet them, feed them treats, go into the field with them, even let them out. They are up beside the house now where they can be seen through the window.
My friend who lives between Perth n Dundee has 19 horses, mostly rescues and some idiots let them all out onto the dual carriage way. What a carry on trying to catch them, police were there, locals were there, cars stopped to help. It took for ever to get them all back in, now they are also in a field away from the road.
Ugh Roxy, that's awful! I hope everything is calmer now. Why do people think that because an animal is in a field, its public property? I know I mentioned the sheep earlier, but my point was the electric fence...is that even legal?
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ugh Roxy, that's awful! I hope everything is calmer now. Why do people think that because an animal is in a field, its public property? I know I mentioned the sheep earlier, but my point was the electric fence...is that even legal?
It's certainly not illegal.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

13-04-2021, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
It's certainly not illegal.
I didn't know that, PooBear. There was one sign, I admit but at one end of the field only. If you approached from the other end of the road/path, you wouldn't have known.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
This thread is for those who wish to bring whingers and whiners to our attention.

I'll start the ball rolling with this one. A woman buys a `dream home` eleven feet away from a busy main road then complains about the noise and demands that the speed limit along that stretch be reduced to 40MPH. Serves her right IMO, if she's daft enough to buy it, she should put up with the consequences rather than try to make others take responsibility for her mistake.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ream-home.html
That's a good start to the thread, Judd. What an idiot. Let's hope BLM doesn't get behind it or the council will be building a by-pass.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's a good start to the thread, Judd. What an idiot. Let's hope BLM doesn't get behind it or the council will be building a by-pass.
Do believe you are serious.

From article:

'I didn't realise there was an injunction regarding boy racers on the A446, they don't take any notice of it,' she added, revealing she had not researched the area before making the move.

The neighbours put up with it. Selling it her only option or extra soundproofing.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 08:57 PM

Pixie, It's not illegal on farmland but there a load of rules and regulations to be obeyed. Including notices that the fence is live. We don't have any by the way..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 08:57 PM

we had a couple living down the lane from our kennels kept complaining about the dogs barking (licenced for 118 dogs) . Couple of solicitors letters and a visit from the environmental health soon shut them up. funnily enough the dogs as usual were quiet and only started up when people left or collected their dogs from the kennels

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top