Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:46 PM

Re: J&J Vaccine on Hold in the USA and EU

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's not very innovative cancelling approved vaccines when you're in your situation. In fact its a really stupid thing to do.
It is a question of perseverance, we in the EU are being consistent, even in doing stupid things.

Better?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
It is a question of perseverance, we in the EU are being consistent, even in doing stupid things.

Better?
You got THAT totally right.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:14 PM

Better?
I'm not surprised there is mutiny in the EU when it comes to sourcing vaccines. The member states shouldn't have to be forced to obey a political system that should be ending infections and covid deaths instead of prolonging the situation.

I genuinely applaud the 27 in ignoring the failing commission and finding alternative paths to vaccines.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:26 PM

I'm not surprised there is mutiny in the EU when it comes to sourcing vaccines. The member states shouldn't have to be forced to obey a political system that should be ending infections and covid deaths instead of prolonging the situation.

I genuinely applaud the 27 in ignoring the failing commission and finding alternative paths to vaccines.
I just did some research about it. The German magazine "Der Spiegel" reports today, that it is true, that the EU comission plans to focus on BionTec/Moderna/J&J/... vaccines instead of AZ in the future. *However* they say, it does *not* mean that no AZ vaccines will be ordered.

The Italian newspaper "La Stampa" had reported earlier, that the EU was quitting AZ. The EU comission said this was not the case.

Meanwhile Denmark has quit using AZ and relies on other vaccines.

Does this show that either Denmark does not "obey their German superiors" (thanks Bread for lending me that phrase) or that the member states are sovereign in their decision?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:29 PM

Is it in Ursula VdL's job description to ban all vaccines not produced in Germany?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:34 PM

I just did some research about it. The German magazine "Der Spiegel" reports today, that it is true, that the EU comission plans to focus on BionTec/Moderna/J&J/... vaccines instead of AZ in the future. *However* they say, it does *not* mean that no AZ vaccines will be ordered.

The Italian newspaper "La Stampa" had reported earlier, that the EU was quitting AZ. The EU comission said this was not the case.

Meanwhile Denmark has quit using AZ and relies on other vaccines.

Does this show that either Denmark does not "obey their German superiors" (thanks Bread for lending me that phrase) or that the member states are sovereign in their decision?
The member states are disobeying the commission and gradually re-taking sovereignty just like they did when they closed borders
Germany

14-04-2021, 03:53 PM

The member states are disobeying the commission and gradually re-taking sovereignty just like they did when they closed borders
I am afraid that you are wrong here. Afaik health is not an EU issue, it is the members issue.

Besides, to be more prcise, your phrase was "your German rulers" and I wrongly quoted earlier.

Anyway, as long as there are vaccines produced, I do not care which one I will get.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:14 PM

You mean like denmark? They abolished the AZ vaccine, too much outdated technology. Perhaps the russians want to buy your stocks of it?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-04-2021, 04:32 PM

I am afraid that you are wrong here. Afaik health is not an EU issue, it is the members issue.

Besides, to be more prcise, your phrase was "your German rulers" and I wrongly quoted earlier.

Anyway, as long as there are vaccines produced, I do not care which one I will get.
It is as far as the EMA is concerned.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Is it in Ursula VdL's job description to ban all vaccines not produced in Germany?

The German masters can never be challenged

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top