Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:32 PM

Re: After Januarys Slump, UK-EU Trade is on the Road to Recovery.

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It's far, far better than anything your EU can foresee thanks to their disastrous strategies.
Well, there are differences and similarities. Covid effects are temporarily, but brexit will be with you for years to come. If only in yearly payments to the EU.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Well, there are differences and similarities. Covid effects are temporarily, but brexit will be with you for years to come. If only in yearly payments to the EU.
Brexit will haunt the EU for years to come despite your greed for dosh.
Already your peoples are seeing the advantages to being outside your union as their numbers of dead continues to rise alarmingly purely because of EU failures.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:01 PM

Brexit will haunt the EU for years to come despite your greed for dosh.
Already your peoples are seeing the advantages to being outside your union as their numbers of dead continues to rise alarmingly purely because of EU failures.
It seems our people see that different countries (in the EU) are at different stages of vaccinating their public. If the EU was the defining factor, all countries would be at the same stage. So there must be other factors at work.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:04 PM

It seems our people see that different countries (in the EU) are at different stages of vaccinating their public. If the EU was the defining factor, all countries would be at the same stage. So there must be other factors at work.
Like that say the French don't like to be vaccinated you mean?

At last Solly sees the obvious!
The EU can never be a union of equals because the people in the countries which make up the union are all different; they have different histories, languages, needs and outlooks for a start.
That's why the union as it is can never truly succeed.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2021, 07:59 PM

Like that say the French don't like to be vaccinated you mean?

At last Solly sees the obvious!
The EU can never be a union of equals because the people in the countries which make up the union are all different; they have different histories, languages, needs and outlooks for a start.
That's why the union as it is can never truly succeed.
That's what makes them sovereign, something the british thought they had lost and could regain by lleaving the EU. Obviously the british do not recognize sovereignty when it laughs them in the face.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 08:26 PM

That's what makes them sovereign, something the british thought they had lost and could regain by lleaving the EU. Obviously the british do not recognize sovereignty when it laughs them in the face.
The sovereign EU member states have not to follow any law that controls the colour of their passports for example.

It is a bit strange: I have read multiple times that the UK regarded itself as an important major player within the EU. If that was true then, then they had a say in all decisions.

Now having left the EU is displayed like a bad family who was mean to one child and now the poor child is happy to have left.

I know nobody would ever agree with me here. On the other hand so many people in the UK believed their leaders when they promised that they would have the same benefits even without paying the membership fee...

I'll never understand them
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
The sovereign EU member states have not to follow any law that controls the colour of their passports for example.

It is a bit strange: I have read multiple times that the UK regarded itself as an important major player within the EU. If that was true then, then they had a say in all decisions.

Now having left the EU is displayed like a bad family who was mean to one child and now the poor child is happy to have left.

I know nobody would ever agree with me here. On the other hand so many people in the UK believed their leaders when they promised that they would have the same benefits even without paying the membership fee...

I'll never understand them

That's their definition of independence, standing alone, going it alone, benefiting from the sunny uplands alone. Alone, but not lonely.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 08:38 PM

That's their definition of independence, standing alone, going it alone, benefiting from the sunny uplands alone. Alone, but not lonely.
Well, okay. I know that the definition of "independence" does not include "being 100% independen" because in that case an independent country would have to be able to feed itself and produce everything itself without *needing* to import from other nations.
On the other hand, I think if I was a Brexiteer I would not want to import anything from or export to a country which is member of a union that I hate/despise so very much.

Obviously there are different views of "independence".
Zaphod
Lincs UK

15-04-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Well, okay. I know that the definition of "independence" does not include "being 100% independen" because in that case an independent country would have to be able to feed itself and produce everything itself without *needing* to import from other nations.
On the other hand, I think if I was a Brexiteer I would not want to import anything from or export to a country which is member of a union that I hate/despise so very much.

Obviously there are different views of "independence".
Ooh the EUrophiles are obviously really stung by the UK's departure.
If it means so little to them, why the fuss in here?

No country is truly independent in that trade between countries is inevitable - even North Korea and Iran have allies supporting them.

It's the EU that suffer a lack of independence.
Their member countries are pushed out by their fellow members on a whim too for daring to be a little more independent even when the so-called "union" lets them down badly and that results in fatalities.
Ask Austria, Slovenia and the Czech Republic who saw the EU deny them the extra vaccines which the rest of EU-land is getting (albeit at a cost).
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

15-04-2021, 09:23 PM

Ooh the EUrophiles are obviously really stung by the UK's departure.
If it means so little to them, why the fuss in here?

No country is truly independent in that trade between countries is inevitable - even North Korea and Iran have allies supporting them.

It's the EU that suffer a lack of independence.
Their member countries are pushed out by their fellow members on a whim too for daring to be a little more independent even when the so-called "union" lets them down badly and that results in fatalities.
Ask Austria, Slovenia and the Czech Republic who saw the EU deny them the extra vaccines which the rest of EU-land is getting (albeit at a cost).
As far as I know the only member pushed out so far, is the UK. But of course we began with the weakest member, so it is not really an achievement.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top