Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:22 PM

Re: Making the same mistakes

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Another thing I forgot to add, I also trip over the door step, just done it again. I've only lived here for 48 years.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 11:23 PM

I moved my kitchen around about six years ago, moving the sink to the other side of the room. Sometimes, I still go to the wrong side.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
One thing I discovered years ago is not to use a plastic ruler when cutting with a scalpel. I can still see the scar on my thumb and that reminds me every time since to use a metal straight edge and to tuck my thumb in.
Been there, done that, have a similar scar!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I lost a brand new phone down the loo, because I had it in my back pocket....lesson learned from that. I do keep tripping over the dog though, because she has a habit of shadowing whoever goes to the kitchen. So I have learned to tell her to stay where she is. She does for the most part, until she hears the fridge door opening....then she mysteriously appears, silent and there :shock:
I have cats who do that!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

14-04-2021, 07:07 AM

I recently reorganized the cupboards in the kitchen - and changed the one in which the cat food is kept. I keep forgetting and going to the wrong one - strangely enough - the cats don't!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I recently reorganized the cupboards in the kitchen - and changed the one in which the cat food is kept. I keep forgetting and going to the wrong one - strangely enough - the cats don't!
Cats have noses for where their food is.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 12:06 PM

What about if people let you down, do you give them another chance or do you not make the same mistake twice?

I'm not just talking about personal relationships, I also mean people like workmen and tradespeople who say they will do something and then don't.
Do you write them off and learn from it?
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What about if people let you down, do you give them another chance or do you not make the same mistake twice?

I'm not just talking about personal relationships, I also mean people like workmen and tradespeople who say they will do something and then don't.
Workmen etc only let us down once, we never employ them again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
Workmen etc only let us down once, we never employ them again.

Yes, I have got like that now too, RJG.
I admit I have come unstuck in the past by giving them another chance, but I've finally learned.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I gave my gardener the benefit of the doubt when he failed to turn up or bring plants when he said, several times over months & months. Finally I told him not to come any more & I've got my Son doing things out there now. I can bully, nag & bribe him to do them.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top