Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 12:18 PM

COVID-19: Johnson says lockdown, not vaccine, is reason for drop in cases and deaths

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...hnson-12274266

The prime minister, speaking the day after the latest easing of lockdown restrictions, instead said it was the national shutdown that had been "overwhelmingly important" in driving down COVID rates.

From 10 Downing Street, Mr Johnson suggested the millions of vaccines given over the past few months were not key to the reduction in COVID levels. He said:

"The numbers are down - of infections and hospitalisations and deaths. But it is very, very important for everybody to understand that the reduction in these numbers - in hospitalisations and in deaths and infections - has not been achieved by the vaccination programme. People don't, I think, appreciate that it's the lockdown that has been overwhelmingly important in delivering this improvement in the pandemic and in the figures that we're seeing. So, as we unlock, the result will inevitably be that we will see more infection, sadly we will see more hospitalisation and deaths, and people have just got to understand that."
I would like to see BJ's scientific evidence for that .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:12 PM

Re: COVID-19: Johnson says lockdown, not vaccine, is reason for drop in cases and deaths

Oh he'll be paving the way for another lockdown shortly, no doubt. What's the point of vaccines then, for goodness sake? What a buffoon he is.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 08:12 AM

Re: COVID-19: Johnson says lockdown, not vaccine, is reason for drop in cases and deaths

It couldn't just be that he is right?...
Spose not.....People have to justify having the jab....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It couldn't just be that he is right?...
Spose not.....People have to justify having the jab....
He could be right. The test of the vaccine will come only as lockdown is eased ..but I think it will be the un-vaccinated population that is likely to get ill and put Covid figures up, rather than those who have had their jabs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:05 AM

COVID-19: Johnson says lockdown, not vaccine, is reason for drop in cases and deaths
Looking at the way some people are behaving since lockdown has been eased all mixing together with no hint of social distancing, I hope people take note.

A London pub...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Looking at the way some people are behaving since lockdown has been eased all mixing together with no hint of social distancing, I hope people take note.

Utter madness Meg, us older folk would be wise to avoid such places for the time being....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:00 AM

I have never been one for pubs or parties anyway, and even going to the shops when lockdown is lifted, makes me a bit jittery now. People don't quite realise that the old normal will not be happening for a long time yet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-04-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh he'll be paving the way for another lockdown shortly, no doubt. What's the point of vaccines then, for goodness sake? What a buffoon he is.
Well it did cross my mind Pixie...

Vaccines do not stop you from catching or passing on the virus, despite all the hype. They help you to survive an infection. Lockdowns are are good! They are the most effective way of preventing the spread, bar none!

We should be aware that with viruses, anything we do now will not show a result for at least a couple of months, and that has been the case with the lockdowns. The figures of death have come down dramatically over the last few weeks and could quite possibly be a result of the vaccines. But let's not forget all the other measures we have adopted, especially the older generation, who are most likely to experience a bad outcome.

We have learnt a lot about protecting ourselves and staying safe since the first effects of the virus came to light. Have you noticed how the advice has recently changed? 'Go outside into the fresh air where the virus will be blown away' And as summer approaches more of us will be taking that advice and not congregating indoors where the virus will spread rapidly.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-04-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have never been one for pubs or parties anyway, and even going to the shops when lockdown is lifted, makes me a bit jittery now. People don't quite realise that the old normal will not be happening for a long time yet.
Quite true Pixie. However, all of us on this forum have had at least fifty years experience with dealing with colds and flu, and we really know deep down how to avoid such things, despite what all the experts are telling us....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-04-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I would like to see BJ's scientific evidence for that .....
Science is not just about being presented with the evidence Omah, it's knowing how to interpret it......

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top