Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:15 PM

Your conscience

If you found an envelope when you were out, and it had £100 in it, what would you do?

Would you take it home and keep it?

Hand it in to the Cops?

Give it someone in need?

Treat yourself?

Or anything else . . .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:27 PM

Re: Your conscience

That much, I would hand into the police. I couldn't keep it - it could be an older persons money, or a young family...nope. I have found the odd pound lying on the pavement and given it away to a homeless person or can rattler. I just feel uncomfortable about having someone's money that they have lost.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If you found an envelope when you were out, and it had £100 in it, what would you do?
  1. Would you take it home and keep it?
  2. Hand it in to the Cops?
  3. Give it someone in need?
  4. Treat yourself?
  5. Or anything else . . .
No. 2 .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:35 PM

Probably call the police, leave details, and leave it up the police to sort out. Certainly NOT go out of my way to do anything beyond that.

If it was substantially more than a ton, say a grand or more ----- pocket it without a second thought.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Would you take it home and keep it?

Hand it in to the Cops?

Give it someone in need?

Treat yourself?

Or anything else . . .
I would hand it to the police. I found £40 a while back and called them. I would NEVER keep money that didn't belong to me.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:41 PM

Number 2
If you hand it in to the police and no one claims it it’s “ finders keepers “after a period?
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:00 PM

If no one claimed it I would donate it to charity, never keep it for myself.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:02 PM

I have found money & even a wallet, the latter on the path in front of my house, that one I knew was my next door neighbours, it had his name in it, so he got it back. Any wallet if I'd found it, would be handed into the police station if I didn't know who's it was.
The money, a £1 here, small change there, even once a £5 note, must admit I have kept as I had no idea who had lost them.
This was all some time ago, not 'found' anything of value for a long time.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:04 PM

Yesterday, someone found a pair of upper dentures on the beach.

Reread all the questions substituting the money with the teeth.

Does the make the decision any harder?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:06 PM

I would hand it in to the police if I could find the police station.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top