Join for free
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 10:03 AM

Watchdog

Did anyone see this last night. I found the bit about Wonga a bit worrying. People who had not approached them ever had large sums of money debited from their bank accounts and all the guy who came into the studio could say was that it was Identity Fraud. Check your bank statements carefully folks.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 01:50 PM

Re: Watchdog

I can't understand how Wonga could get access to your Bank details, if you had never had any dealings with them. I know that your identity can be stolen, but how do they get into your account? Wonga I mean. That creep who represented the Company, was very evasive. Anyone who borrows from them at 4,000 plus APR, needs their bumps read.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 02:15 PM

I agree John. Wonga are charging 1% interest per day so a loan of £400 for 30 days costs £520 to repay. I wonder if some people exist on this all the time ie they borow say £400 then when they get paid they repay £520 then near the end of the month the money runs out and they borrow again and so it goes on. So they are never really living within their income but they don't have an overdraft either. I do find it concerning how Wonga got into peoples bank accounts and took money. There appeared to be quite a few people who had suffered not the isolated one. I don't pretend to understand it but it is a bit worrying.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Is that the advert offering you a loanby a bunch of old people making it appear as if they are doing you a favour...if not sorry but that advert could land a lot of old people in a mess.
The Dog Lover
Watford

13-09-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Is that the advert offering you a loanby a bunch of old people making it appear as if they are doing you a favour...if not sorry but that advert could land a lot of old people in a mess.
Thats the one Annie.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

13-09-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
That creep who represented the Company, was very evasive.
Not arf John. he reminded me so much of Fascination Fledgeby, I also think the puppets used in the adverts are creepy beyond measure. I wonder if Blackpool FC still think it was a good idea to have Wonga as a shirt sponsor?

I was surprised that a long respected name like Nicholas Parsons is so hard up he has to advertise this dubious and possibly very shady money lending scam business. I always thought he was a man of integrity and ethics.

Odd really, I fully expect the likes of the money grabbing Michael Parkinson and Julie Walters to appear in those seedy and tacky TV adverts that try to sell us life insurance that is any thing but, yet get a bit wound up when old Nick does it. Talking of our mutual friend, dear old Arthur Haynes would rotate in his box if he could see.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 05:29 PM

I lose all sort of respect, when I see so called trustworthy people like Parkinson, Annette Crosbie,Brian Blessed, etc. flogging their dodgy products, usually aimed at the elderly. Have they no shame or self-respect? Ratbags every one. Agree with the Blackpool link. Mind you, thats a well dodgy setup thats exists up there, reference that crappy Oysten family.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top