Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:43 PM

Re: Woman who spent £16m in Harrods revealed

Originally Posted by John ->
I'm glad she's been named. I was beginning to suspect it was the wife!!
I once had a card nicked, but didn't report it stolen as the thief spent a damn site less than the missus.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 06:48 PM

I bet she bought a load of unnecessary tat .
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 08:24 PM

If she can spend £16 million in Harrods you can bet she'll be able to afford some high flying lawyers. They have already put out a statement that being asked to explain where the dosh came from is not an indication of guilt. Who are these slimy lawyers, her husband is doing 15 years for corruption and theft and we are expected to believe that she might not be guilty.

I hope she's found guilty and they take the lot of her and expel her from the country.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 05:32 PM

I detect a great deal of Jealousy look how much she put into the economy and the jobs she created
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
I detect a great deal of Jealousy look how much she put into the economy and the jobs she created
But who's money was it and was she laundering it .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
If there is nothing to hide, then nothing to worry about. It will be a big surprise if it is all kosher.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 05:54 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46108803

It was revealed at Westminster Magistrates Court in London that Mrs Hajiyeva was arrested last week by officers from the Metropolitan Police acting on an extradition request from the authorities in the Azerbaijan capital, Baku.

She faces two charges of embezzlement and has been been held in custody since giving herself up voluntarily last Tuesday.

At a bail hearing, prosecutors argued that she should not be released, claiming she posed a flight risk, meaning she will remain in custody.

The appeal hearing is expected to take place on Thursday at the High Court.

Mrs Hajiyeva also remains under investigation by the NCA.
No luxuries in lock-up .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-02-2019, 01:55 AM

£1m diamond ring seized in multi-million shopper probe

14 January 2019

A diamond ring worth more than £1m has been seized by the National Crime Agency as part of its continuing investigation into a London woman who spent £16m in Harrods.

The ring was found at a high-class jewellers by investigators looking into the source of Zamira Hajiyeva's vast wealth.

During an application for permission to hold the ring for six months, Westminster Magistrates Court heard that it had been seized after investigators identified it at a branch of Cartier jewellers.

The ring is described as an 8.9 carat "emerald-cut diamond".

It was bought by Mrs Hajiyeva's husband for £1,190,640 and their daughter, Leyla Mahmudova, had taken it to Cartier in July for repair.

Mrs Hajiyeva - who is fighting not just to keep her home but also to avoid extradition to Azerbaijan - was not represented at the hearing and the application was granted unopposed.

That means the NCA can hold the ring in secure storage while it looks into where the money came from to buy it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top