Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 03:10 PM

Re: What Kind Of Music Did You Listen to When

Bit of many things, father was a music snob so we had classical when he was home, mum liked pop so plenty of that and nan liked stuff from the 30-50s so loads of different things. Granddad liked country so plenty of that too although Nan always reckoned it was something about dolly parton he really liked
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 03:18 PM

Had a chat a few months ago with Paul Jones earlier this year he was on tour and they now talk to you in the foyer and sign autographs which is great instead of the jumping in a car and speeding away the groups used to do in the 60's and 70's
Brought back memories for me Grumble talking about John Mayall. He was once at the Leeds Uni Saturday music night, with his band. Eric had just left and I think it was Jeff Beck. I had two pints of Newcastle Brown and ended up on the stage sitting on a piano. Don't ask
I sat there for the whole of the concert. The Uni thought I was with the group and John thought I was with the Uni.
Needless to say it was a great night and right in the middle of all those blues.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Initially it was Radio Luxembourg - on 208 mtrs. Later it was the music on Radio Caroline and Radio North Sea International. I never cared for Radio1.
We were on the same planet GW never cared for radio 1.
In my teens when leaving school I had already picked up on Luxemberg and Caroline from my big brother found North Sea one night on Skeggy beach first record I heard on that station was Angie by the Stones will never forget that night for other reasons.: cool: When I finally broke free of the northeast and ventured down south to London I picked up on Magic/Gold and really I have never moved away from them in 40yrs. Must admit music has been a ever present throughout my live on every level even has I write now blip.fm is on in the background.
Its also nice to see that my favourite group of all times has been with me all the way.
Come On - The Rolling Stones
http://youtu.be/NV62UcqbcQA
northwalessenior
Bangor North Wales
northwalessenior is male  northwalessenior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 07:51 PM

50's rock-n-roll and classic country. I was and still am a teddy boy and still have the gear, crepes and drapes and still wear them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top