Join for free
Page 34 of 35 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:13 PM

Re: Hair!!!

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Thank you Bratti for making the thread for Blue. It's heartwarming to see how many forum members wish her well.

Get better soon Blue x
Sorry I missed this.
It was the least I could do for our blue. Hope she comes back soon.

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Bratti...Blue and I met many, many years ago on a Canadian forum...that has long since become defunct. I cannot name that forum as it is against the rules of this one.

We hit it off immediately and have remained steadfast friends ever since...

The very first time that Blue and I met in person...she had reddish hair and it was short...

So, today I am noticing just how long my hair has managed to grow over the last year...and I have it in a ponytail at the moment...

Take care everyone...
That’s such a cute story. It just goes to show that people can actually meet on a message forum and have lasting friendships. That’s beautiful. I’ve kind of found a new place to hang out too.

I take it you had short hair when you met also. Yours does look quite long. I personally love long hair that’s well cared for.
Thanks for the info Filly.

Originally Posted by Leia ->
How is Blue now, do you know Filly? Please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Me too.
Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Leia...yesterday and today have been busy days for Blue, with doctor Appts. But, I am hoping to hear from her later this evening...

I shall certainly pass on your best wishes to Blue, for a speedy recovery...
I can appreciate why most doctors only do one eye at a time. Oddly enough I have a friend who lives out east who got both eyes done at the same time but he did have a 90% improvement in both eyes. It’s anazing what they can do these days.

Well Filly thanks for the update. Please keep us informed.
Tell Blue I’m EXPECTING Blue hair when I see her.

Are you ladies getting tired of this cold wet stuff yet?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:38 AM

It’s been three years since it’s been growing out my silvers and now my ombré is more of the look I was going for. Here are some recent pics of my hair and YES I’m a tad vain.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	BDFDF8B8-758A-4CC6-AB2C-6FE8B6D5F9D0.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	6783   Click image for larger version

Name:	41109A97-690B-409A-AF3A-AD00FA618648.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	6784   Click image for larger version

Name:	30CED857-1080-46C0-AB98-FC374138B5F9.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	6785   Click image for larger version

Name:	6CCFD7D5-7C87-430B-AF2E-400DCA3550F5.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	6786  
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
It’s been three years since it’s been growing out my silvers and now my ombré is more of the look I was going for. Here are some recent pics of my hair and YES I’m a tad vain.
Gorgeous hair bratti...i would be vain too if I had your hair...I'm jealous
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

14-08-2018, 03:57 PM

Thank you summer. You’re always so kind.
Clarity
New Member!
London
Clarity is female 

14-01-2019, 03:47 PM

I really care about my hairstyle. I always had long hair and I know how hard it is sometimes to make it as you wish... My hair is not so shiny and soft as it was before but I use a lot of recovering remedies. A good hair mask once per week is really helpful for softness and volume. Here are the reviews of some remedies that I tried. Hope it will come in handy.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

28-03-2019, 09:53 AM

Thank you for the link Clarity. It has a lot of deep hair conditioners.
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 08:37 PM

My hair has been multiple colours the past decade, but I'm going back to using a dark brown organic colour as all the bleaching before colouring ruined my hair.
I don't go to the hairdressers often, but I like to have a lot cut off when I do (mine grows like grass). I usually get them to use the straightening irons, as it's not so good when I attempt it myself.
I usually just scrunch a few curls in whilst wet, wash and go otherwise.
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Your hair is looking great, as the dye fades out. My sister is trying to do similar, but where there's dye, the difference between the grey and undyed doesn't look too good at present, so she uses Colour Wow on the roots until most of the old dye has gone.
There's nothing wrong with a little vanity!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

18-05-2019, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cache ->
My hair has been multiple colours the past decade, but I'm going back to using a dark brown organic colour as all the bleaching before colouring ruined my hair.
I don't go to the hairdressers often, but I like to have a lot cut off when I do (mine grows like grass). I usually get them to use the straightening irons, as it's not so good when I attempt it myself.
I usually just scrunch a few curls in whilst wet, wash and go otherwise.
How are you planning on getting organic brown?
Henna & Indigo blends can create brown but you will always have that henna red undertone. I’m all for organic colour but I really do like the artificial blues, greens, pinks, purples, etc.
They look great with silver hair as a base. That’s what I use now and I love them.

Originally Posted by Cache ->
Your hair is looking great, as the dye fades out. My sister is trying to do similar, but where there's dye, the difference between the grey and undyed doesn't look too good at present, so she uses Colour Wow on the roots until most of the old dye has gone.
There's nothing wrong with a little vanity!
Thanks Cache. My hair is now 2 inches from my tailbone and the henna red almost all gone. I really like it. Another tip to use while transitioning are clips close to the head. By pulling back sections and purposefully exposing your roots, creates bold streaks of colour. French braids close to the scull work great also. It took me about 8 months of awkward stages before it started looking cool again but it wasn’t easy.

I’m ok with having some vanity. It keeps me from frumpishness.

The other day I had my hair in a bun and my mother told me I was more grey than her which I am. I’ve got some big bold silver white streaks through my hair. It’s from my dads side.
He’s got silver white hair and so did my grandmother.

Oddly enough I’d never seen my moms natural colour so didn’t know what it was. I was shocked to see matching cherry cola red highlights mixed within my silvers. My mom was a natural red hair.
Cache
East Anglia

18-05-2019, 06:43 AM

I like red hair, that'll make for an interesting combo.
I've had the odd grey from very young, but I've always dyed my hair, and I respect your decision. It's working well for you.
It's a pre mixed hair dye, but has to be left on for at least 4 hours to cover any greys, but it works beautifully. I won't be changing back to a chemical one now

Organic Hair Dye - It's Pure Organics Herbal Hair Colour Dark Brown https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FQRMU..._gR53CbZKS86XK

Page 34 of 35 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top