Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:03 PM

Re: Microsoft Office Online - Free

I have finally abandoned use of Online Office - it was just way too clunky .....

I had to log in to Google, call up a Chrome extension, nominate which application or file I wanted, log into Microsoft and then specify whether I wanted to update via desktop or internet .....

I tried downloading LibreOffice but, for some reason, the download was torrent only ..... I tried to get utorrent to work but to no avail .....

In the end, I downloaded FreeOffice, a very simple application which permits the use of MS Office files as defaults.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 06:40 PM

The Libreoffice download isn't torrent only.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
The Libreoffice download isn't torrent only.
I've just tried again, but on my 64-bit Desktop - and, indeed, I get an immediate MSI option to download a 64-bit version .....

However, I need a 32-bit version for my Laptop.

Have you got link to a non-torrent link for a 32-bit version please?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 08:20 PM

Try this https://www.libreoffice.org/download...0.6&lang=en-GB
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

20-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Try this https://www.libreoffice.org/download...0.6&lang=en-GB
That's the one I used .....

I'm thinking that the layout of the screen led me to conclude at the time (when I was in a hurry) that the download was a torrent, since most reputable sites do not specify 'torrent' as a download alternative .....

e.g. https://www.freeoffice.com/en/download - no torrent

Thanks anyway ..... if FreeOffice fails to satisfy then I'll try LibreOffice again .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I tried downloading LibreOffice but, for some reason, the download was torrent only ..... I tried to get utorrent to work but to no avail .....
Admittedly, it was a long time ago and things may have changed, but I managed to download the software without any problems.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:50 PM

I just use a very old version without all the bells and whistles.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

22-10-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Admittedly, it was a long time ago and things may have changed, but I managed to download the software without any problems.
It was a long time ago when I downloaded utorrent for the first time - IIRC, download speed was 4kbps and connections were unreliable .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top