Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:52 AM

A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

I picked up my 3 month Prescription last week.

As usual this contains half a dozen different kinds of pills, ranging from Warfarin through Amlopodine, Atorvastation, Perindopril,etc.

All this contained in a medium size plastic shopping bag.

Since the Warfarin dosage can change, at every monthly INR blood test, the tablets have to be provided in sizes from 0.5, 1, 3, 5, etc.

You have to tick boxes to get the next 3 month prescription right!

My rant is that this is a lot of pills to mange, sort, set out and remember to take.

Risk of wrong dosage is high, even though my mental state is quite good, and I hate to think of what might be happening to those entering into memory loss .

When I get all of these pills, I separate them into daily doses using these plastic sliding tray devices.

Is there a better way of managing all of this?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 11:28 AM

Re: A House Full Of Pills? A dangerous mix?

Every Saturday I put my husband's five lots of medication in morning and evening pill boxes for the week. He always checks to see I have made no mistakes.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 11:42 AM

Hi i take over 600 pills a month at the moment, i bought a multi compartment case from B&Q for screws and nails.

You can change the size and shape of each compartment to store your meds, may be a soloution for yo.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 11:47 AM

Hi

I am immune to Warfarin, I manage my own INR.

You should ask if you can.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 11:54 AM

Elderly neighbour had them delivered already marked up with date, day and time, then carers supervised her taking them and wrote in the care book to confirm that.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 12:03 PM

Sorry Ted, I do exactly the same as use, divide them into the plastic tray for the week.

I also have a lot of medication.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I picked up my 3 month Prescription last week.

As usual this contains half a dozen different kinds of pills, ranging from Warfarin through Amlopodine, Atorvastation, Perindopril,etc.

All this contained in a medium size plastic shopping bag.

Since the Warfarin dosage can change, at every monthly INR blood test, the tablets have to be provided in sizes from 0.5, 1, 3, 5, etc.

You have to tick boxes to get the next 3 month prescription right!

My rant is that this is a lot of pills to mange, sort, set out and remember to take.

Risk of wrong dosage is high, even though my mental state is quite good, and I hate to think of what might be happening to those entering into memory loss .

When I get all of these pills, I separate them into daily doses using these plastic sliding tray devices.

Is there a better way of managing all of this?

Yes,if you ask the chemist,they will put them in Monday to Sunday pack,and sort them for you,..3months supply,little individual pots,that you pop open,I was a carer,most of my ladies,gents,had them,..when I pick up my prescription ,which went from taking one tablet,to taking seven after my heart surgery,if they can sort them for me.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes,if you ask the chemist,they will put them in Monday to Sunday pack,and sort them for you,..3months supply,little individual pots,that you pop open,I was a carer,most of my ladies,gents,had them,..when I pick up my prescription ,which went from taking one tablet,to taking seven after my heart surgery,if they can sort them for me.
Wow!

I'll pop into Lloyds Pharmacy ASAP and see if they'll do that.

Thanks.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Wow!

I'll pop into Lloyds Pharmacy ASAP and see if they'll do that.

Thanks.

Hi Tedc...I also have the "blister" packs, mentioned by pauline3 and they are so easy to use. The pharmacist puts the exact amount of pills for morning, noon, dinner and bedtime...into the 7 day blister pack... This is a huge help for me as I take so many different medications...

I have no doubt that you would benefit with these... Good luck!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 02:33 PM

It can get complicated when you have many meds to take. I hope you get something sorted out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top