Join for free
Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Re: The Me Too Movement and Me...and Possibly You

[QUOTE=Silver Tabby;1530744]
Originally Posted by Sage ->
As long as things happen like the farce of an investigation in the Kavanaugh confirmations hearing for the U.S Supreme Court, with a very credible witness being threatened with death and a good old boy network supporting the drunken lout, and refusing to have the FBI investigate, women will not be willing to come forward especially not when they are young. Blasey-Ford has incredible courage.

A woman is still seen as a penis cozy by some men. What bothers me the most is that even women often don't support other women. It's outrageous. The US no longer is moving ahead toward equal rights. We are moving back to the stone age where women were dragged around by the hair.

It's easy to say what a woman should or should not do in a case like this...if you've never been that woman. Think about it. Really think about it. Our very lives depend on it.[/QUOTE]

1) Blasey-Ford is not a credible witness - she has no proof of anything and her memory is totally selective. I can't help wondering how much she is being paid!!

2) Blasey-Ford does not have "incredible courage" - if she did she would have reported the alleged offence when it happened - not light years later.

3) Women quite often do not support other women when they do not believe them! Do you not find it coincidental that Blasey-Ford has just suddenly remembered being groped at a party by someone who may/may not be about to rise to high office?

4) "Our very lives depend on it" - on what exactly? That is a bit OTT Sage.

I have no time for Kavanagh - he is a proven liar - but I have no time for those who jump on the accusatory band wagon either. If someone acts inappropriately - stop them at once - it is not difficult to do. If someone rapes someone - then report it at once while there is still evidence available - not years later when nothing can be proven either way - but lives can be ruined by false claims.

We are rapidly approaching a time when men will cross the road rather than pass anywhere near a woman for fear of what they may be accused of doing/saying/thinking - and that is not just ridiculous - it is also very sad!
Yes, we already avoid talking to children even if they are in distress for fear of being unjustly accused of something.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:15 PM

Other than for my immediate female family members I avoid opening or holding doors open for them, at my age I don’t need the foul language and abuse.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=Judd;1530790]
Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Yes, we already avoid talking to children even if they are in distress for fear of being unjustly accused of something.
who are you representing now Judd - all males in UK ; in your county ; in your street ; in your family ??
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:40 PM

I don’t think Judd is representing or claiming he represents all males in the U.K. But there e is a growing feeling amongs men that they can be on the sticky end of the wicket if they are not careful and not aware of the current agressive female attitudes to men.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I don’t think Judd is representing or claiming he represents all males in the U.K. But there e is a growing feeling amongs men that they can be on the sticky end of the wicket if they are not careful and not aware of the current agressive female attitudes to men.
you keep screaming for evidence from the USA jobbo - now where is yours for this little comment?

well we must definitely be the lucky country haven't noticed anything down here - we even offer our seats on the buses to muslim ladies in their hiyabs!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

28-09-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you keep screaming for evidence from the USA jobbo - now where is yours for this little comment?

well we must definitely be the lucky country haven't noticed anything down here - we even offer our seats on the buses to muslim ladies in their hiyabs!
Evidence that Judd is not speaking for all U.K. men, if you hang about a bit I will pop out and ask.

Can you point out where I am screaming for evidence from the USA jobbo, whatever that means....

Coming from an Australian your post makes me laugh though..a bit early for the Fosters isn’t it?

Ps Hiyabs..wrong spelling mate.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-09-2018, 02:50 AM

Evidence that Judd is not speaking for all U.K. men, if you hang about a bit I will pop out and ask.

Can you point out where I am screaming for evidence from the USA jobbo, whatever that means....

Coming from an Australian your post makes me laugh though..a bit early for the Fosters isn’t it?

Ps Hiyabs..wrong spelling mate.
heh mate I think you need to go for rehab25 soon it will refresh your ageing brain!

wrong spelling heh - is that's all ya can pick on you peabrain
who needs drastic rehabilitation!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 05:43 AM

[QUOTE=Judd;1530790]

Unfortunately you are right there, Judd, and it doesn't just apply to men. At one time if one saw a child in distress it was a natural reaction to stop and ask what was wrong and if one could help. I would think twice before doing that now - especially if I were out on my own.

When I was at school if I fell and grazed my knees a teacher would stick a plaster on the wound and give me a hug - not allowed any more.

Also if a child, male or female, has an accident and wets it's pants the teachers are not allowed to help but must notify the parent/s - and the child is left in discomfort until the paren/s arrives with fresh underwear.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2018, 05:46 AM

I don’t think Judd is representing or claiming he represents all males in the U.K. But there e is a growing feeling among men that they can be on the sticky end of the wicket if they are not careful and not aware of the current aggressive female attitudes to men.
You are right, Rehab, and it is so sad.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

29-09-2018, 06:51 AM

You are right, Rehab, and it is so sad.
bullshLLt - it's not about female aggressive attitudes at all but political correctness gone mad - they are two different issues and you are confusing them.

female aggressive movements are about defending women not kids - political correctness is about defending everyone against themselves - get it right berks!

Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top