Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:58 PM

Re: Parking

Parking at my local hospital, the RD&E in Exeter, is not exorbitant and is usually waived if you are going to be there a long time. What I do object to is having to get there an hour early for an appointment because it will take that long to find somewhere to park.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 08:39 PM

I got a parking ticket last week for parking in the car park of a large public nature reserve. Parking is free for up to two hours but you are supposed to display a ticket I found that out later. I didn't but I was there for less than the two hours.

I've been going there for about 20 years and more recently it has been while my dear wife has been to her osteopath appointment which is one hour duration so I can't be in the park for more than an hour.

I will appeal it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 09:24 PM

It's called "Rip Off Britain".

More correctly, it should be

"Rip Off England".
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 10:59 PM

I recall a fairly recent story of someone winning a court case against some parking management company on the grounds that the company was unable to provide any sufficient evidence or proof of their "loss in earnings" by her parking there.

Might be a way forward.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Parking at my local hospital, the RD&E in Exeter, is not exorbitant and is usually waived if you are going to be there a long time. What I do object to is having to get there an hour early for an appointment because it will take that long to find somewhere to park.
Yes, I know what you mean.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 10:46 PM

During my London years, I frequently got parking tickets but did manage to contest about 25% of them.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:36 AM

At our nearest hospital parking was free when it first opened but then they found out people were parking there early in the morning and getting the bus to the station in order to commute to London.
Now they charge like a wounded rhino!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I recall a fairly recent story of someone winning a court case against some parking management company on the grounds that the company was unable to provide any sufficient evidence or proof of their "loss in earnings" by her parking there.

Might be a way forward.

Wonder how much the Brief charged?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Wonder how much the Brief charged?
Good question. Have tried googling to find the story, to no avail as yet. Mind you, the search has brought up a whole host of sites about successful appeals and how to win them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree.

Unfortunately it is only the English who pay.

So much for Equality.
Swims I had to pay in Spain for the hospital car park there was a small free one but it was always full up .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top