Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 06:08 PM

Little Angry Chihuahua

I'm not interested in the Fiesty Pets Toy part of the video but I love the (Im going to rip your throat out if you touch my food) attitude of the little Chihuahua at the beginning of the video. If I dont have to foster the two dogs as Ive offered to do, I would really like a Chihuahua as I have read they are a very loyal dog. Has anyone here had/got a Chihuahua.

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 06:35 PM

Re: Little Angry Chihuahua

One of those Chihuahua, or ankle biters as my sister calls them, attacked my 35 kg collie a few days ago. My collie had the ignore button on - until the little bugger bit him.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 06:54 PM

I have the most adorable chihuahua ,her name is Rosie,MC,she is very gentle and so sweet and extremely loyal,my vet can't believe how good she is,as most of them are quite feisty,..but that can be said for many dogs,..I will post a pic for you to see later.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 07:12 PM

I have never had a Chihuahua, but understand they can have problems with the fontanelle on their heads not closing properly, and also some strains are prone to heart problems, and patella luxation (slipping knee caps).

That's looking on the black side, but best to be aware and do your homework before you buy perhaps.

These may be of interest to you:

https://iheartdogs.com/top-3-health-...or-chihuahuas/

Or . .

https://www.natural-dog-health-remed...-problems.html
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 07:22 PM

our family had a chihuahua when I was a child, she lived till she was 13. She was a lovely dog and very loyal. My mum used to spoil her and buy her lamb chops! She used to pretend she was tough and she'd bark a lot when people other than family came in............from under the sideboard lol. Ah, rest in peace Susie.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 07:25 PM

I am sorry but the people in the video must be absolute cretins. The dog might be small, but it is aggressive and a potential danger. There is nothing to admire in it's behaviour. Size that dog up a couple of notches and you have a dangerous dog on your hands and the people in the video are to blame. It is not remotely amusing IMO. As I said absolutely brainless cretins.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
One of those Chihuahua, or ankle biters as my sister calls them, attacked my 35 kg collie a few days ago. My collie had the ignore button on - until the little bugger bit him.
Hi Besoeker, Yes I have heard that Chis are tiny dogs who think they are bigger dogs and tend to try to bully bigger dogs. I do hope your collie wasnt hurt. I used to have a collie cross, Meg. She was a lovely dog but she hated squirrals.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have the most adorable chihuahua ,her name is Rosie,MC,she is very gentle and so sweet and extremely loyal,my vet can't believe how good she is,as most of them are quite feisty,..but that can be said for many dogs,..I will post a pic for you to see later.
Hi Pauline3. Please yes I would like to see the photos of your Rosie. One of the reasons I am interested in Chihuahuas is they were near the top of a list of dogs recommended as good for older people like me who live in smaller bungalows.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have never had a Chihuahua, but understand they can have problems with the fontanelle on their heads not closing properly, and also some strains are prone to heart problems, and patella luxation (slipping knee caps).

That's looking on the black side, but best to be aware and do your homework before you buy perhaps.

These may be of interest to you:

https://iheartdogs.com/top-3-health-...or-chihuahuas/

Or . .

https://www.natural-dog-health-remed...-problems.html
Hi Mups. Thanks for the links. I havent actually decided on a Chi yet but I do like them. Apparently they are recommended for older people like me. I have offered to foster my daughters dogs as she is going to be travelling a lot more.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
our family had a chihuahua when I was a child, she lived till she was 13. She was a lovely dog and very loyal. My mum used to spoil her and buy her lamb chops! She used to pretend she was tough and she'd bark a lot when people other than family came in............from under the sideboard lol. Ah, rest in peace Susie.
Hi Lion Queen. Yes they are such cute dogs it must be very hard not to spoil them but I have heard they can have problems with diabetes.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:41 PM

I can recommend a delightful little dog and that is the Bichon Frise. They are wonderful characters, so funny, don't need overly much exercise, loyal, don't moult, loves children and adults alike, good little guard dog but not aggressive. The only downside to Bichons is they need brushing and grooming. I have a Bichon and he is the most delightful dog I have ever had and i've had a few.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I can recommend a delightful little dog and that is the Bichon Frise. They are wonderful characters, so funny, don't need overly much exercise, loyal, don't moult, loves children and adults alike, good little guard dog but not aggressive. The only downside to Bichons is they need brushing and grooming. I have a Bichon and he is the most delightful dog I have ever had and i've had a few.

LQ, how often does your little Bichon have to be clipped, or do you do it yourself?

My Beddies need doing every couple of months or so.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by aerolor ->
i am sorry but the people in the video must be absolute cretins. The dog might be small, but it is aggressive and a potential danger. There is nothing to admire in it's behaviour. Size that dog up a couple of notches and you have a dangerous dog on your hands and the people in the video are to blame. It is not remotely amusing imo. As i said absolutely brainless cretins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top