Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 12:31 PM

Re: American Maine Coon Cats

6 year old autistic girl Iris and her Maine Coon cat Thula…wonderful story - 23rd Match 2016

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:05 PM

beautiful cats and great pics everyone.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:25 PM

I love them. I think some are bigger than me. X
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:50 PM

Oh my they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
6 year old autistic girl Iris and her Maine Coon cat Thula…wonderful story - 23rd Match 2016

Omah. That was incredibly touching. Isn’t it amazing that the child would not say a word until that cat came along and that cats generally hate water but these cats love it. What an amazing relationship. Thanks for sharing it

I showed pics of these cats to my husband and he burst out laughing then with a super straight face said NO!
They are cute , perhaps a bit impractical but I would love to walk a cat that big
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:51 PM

We posted at exactly the same time SP
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
And in our neck of the woods to purchase one is anywhere from $850 to $1,600. That’s quite a bit but doable.
Sorry to jack your thread CandyCrunch but I’m instantly obsessed.
I can’t believe I’m almost 60 and have never seen one before.
Bratti, speak out as you wish! I'm glad you enjoy them.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

10-10-2018, 09:08 PM

Awwwww thank you Candy Crunch.
You are the best
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hey summer,
Thanks for all the info.
How different are they to take care of from your standard domestic cat?
Apparently they need brushing everyday.
What type of food do you feed yours?
Do they live shorter lives since they are bigger?
Did you need to get bigger kitty boxes and how are they with keeping clean? Most cats are ultra clean so I’d imagine it’s the same.
Do you think they would get along with dogs if they were raised together when small?
How do they get along with standard cats. I’m wondering how my other cat would handle it.

I’m wondering how practical it would be to get one and how would it fit in with a small Yorkie and schnoodle and average domestic cat.

Please don’t feel obligated to answer.
Hi Bratti....I have two other cats George and Tuppy who are just plain moggies (rescue cats) Sox gets on great with them both but she adores George she washes him sleeps with him and if he is ever in a fight with the local Tom who is a bully she rushes out to defend him.

She isn't scared of dogs and isn't aggressive with them at all unless they get nasty with her so I think she would be fine living with them.

I don't groom her everyday but every two or three days I give her a quick brush, actually she is pretty good at grooming herself.

She has the same diet as my other cats just plain cat food and some meals of chicken and occasionally tuna. She has had no health issues but she does have a six monthly check at the vets as part of a pet plan I have with them ... she hates the vet

I have only ever had her as a pedigree cat...I always thought there are so many unwanted cats in the world I would always get a rescue, I took Sox in because she needed a home after a relationship breakdown.

Honest Bratti she is the sweetest most tolerant loving cat imaginable I love her to bits and I thoroughly recommend them as pets....get two though...I would always recommend two cats .
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:57 AM

wouldn't like to be in the same room as one in a bad mood, but yes what gorgeous mountain lion's .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top