Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 03:09 PM

Met my first possum

Well last night, I met my first possum. They are dangerous little critters. It was in the middle of the night, I couldn't sleep so I was watching the forrest. Some funny little animals come out of there at night.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:25 PM

Re: Met my first possum

Well - you learn something every day in here - I never knew there were Possums in Canada. Always thought of them as being Australian.

Has Gumbud gone into the export business?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:40 PM

Real characters and very inquisitive.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - you learn something every day in here - I never knew there were Possums in Canada. Always thought of them as being Australian.

Has Gumbud gone into the export business?
They left on their own accord.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 10:44 PM

The one I saw last night, was so fat. As fat as a racoon. I love watching the animals. They seem to waddle. hahaha
Haven't seen a skunk yet this year. Tons of rabbits tho.
And coyotes. They are starting to call them coy-wolves. They are are big as a large dog.....but they are afraid of humans, you just have to yell and raise your arms and they will run....
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 11:11 PM

Hi Blue...possums are just too cute but I don't like those damn coyotes. When Puss was staying at the farm last year...the kids always did a nightly check on the barn. Making certain that there were no places where any of the animals could get out...or where the coyotes could get into the barn.

Once it was dark...you could here them howling and getting closer and closer to the barn. Sheri took videos of them but they weren't very clear. You know what...you aren't allowed to shoot them, even if they get close enough to kill your animals...

Long story, short...at any rate...I am happy that Puss is back with me now...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 06:02 AM

Never having seen a possum - I had to google an image. They look quite cute and and cuddly, but I understand they are not.

According to Google/Wiki the North American ones are actually 'Opossums' and are a different species from the Aussie ones.

As I said earlier - you learn something every day!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-10-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue...possums are just too cute but I don't like those damn coyotes. When Puss was staying at the farm last year...the kids always did a nightly check on the barn. Making certain that there were no places where any of the animals could get out...or where the coyotes could get into the barn.

Once it was dark...you could here them howling and getting closer and closer to the barn. Sheri took videos of them but they weren't very clear. You know what...you aren't allowed to shoot them, even if they get close enough to kill your animals...

Long story, short...at any rate...I am happy that Puss is back with me now...
The coyotes are almost close enough to touch them...we have such a large selection of wild life. I love it.

Yes, I am glad puss is back home also. I was worried....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

12-10-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Never having seen a possum - I had to google an image. They look quite cute and and cuddly, but I understand they are not.

According to Google/Wiki the North American ones are actually 'Opossums' and are a different species from the Aussie ones.

As I said earlier - you learn something every day!
Silver, I think they are quite vicious. That look awful when they growl.......both the possums and the racoons can get very nasty if you bother them.....I am living in their territory..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top