Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 03:30 PM

Re: Jihadi Wife Rejects 7 Council Houses!!

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Why aren't all persons convicted of terrorism offences deported?
If they're British, where could they be deported to ? This is their homeland. They could also be white British.

To qualify for housing benefit, I believe someone has to have less than £16,000.

There'll be a few more hatching the same plot, as they return from the ME in the near future. Maybe she's been making this a test case.
Maybe she should stay with her parents as the children had to ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 03:38 PM

you can complain all you like you whingers but these occasions occur because the british govt allows it to - get out and vote next time or just wear it!!!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Is there no uninhabited island somewhere we could send these undesirables to colonize?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 04:18 PM

I've never heard of anyone else getting such preferential treatment!
You get what your given mostly! Two boys have to share a bedroom.
At least the houses she turned down may have gone to someone who would appreciate them.
Nor have I Tessa it's beyond me .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 04:18 PM

Is there no uninhabited island somewhere we could send these undesirables to colonize?
There are loads up in the Shetlands I don't know why we don't utilise them .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-10-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you can complain all you like you whingers but these occasions occur because the british govt allows it to - get out and vote next time or just wear it!!!!!
What makes you think people don't vote ?
I daresay she votes labour .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 04:47 PM

Grrrr ... I stopped reading after the first few paragraphs.

It's bloody annoying ... we should look after those who are genuinely more deserving, not flamin jihadi wives who probably hate our guts anyway.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 05:12 PM

Australia???????????????
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Grrrr ... I stopped reading after the first few paragraphs.

It's bloody annoying ... we should look after those who are genuinely more deserving, not flamin jihadi wives who probably hate our guts anyway.
no probable about it
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Honestly, I despair when I wake up each day and read stories such as the one below. I honestly think the world has gone mad! Why is it that we have such a weak, hand-wringing government so prepared to do all and give all to the scum walking our pavements laughing at our stupid system, while at the same time, watching and doing very little if nothing for our poor and vulnerable people desperately in need of even a quarter of what this vile person is being pampered with. . It makes me so angry!

Read this and judge for yourselves.

Jihadi Wife Rejects 7 Council Houses And Gets Legal Aid To Fight For Number 8

A convicted terrorist who is the wife of a British jihadi was granted legal aid for a High Court battle to get a council house after she rejected seven homes because they weren’t big enough.
The mother of two, who was jailed in 2014 for a terrorist offence, launched the court battle last year after she was released from prison.

She claimed that Brent Council in North London breached her human rights because she had not been offered a large enough council house in her preferred location in London, close to her family and her children’s school.

In an extraordinary court case that has cost taxpayers tens of thousands of pounds, the wife of a former Islamic State commander in Syria has been put up in B&Bs and hotels for the past 16 months by the council while she waged her costly legal battle. The woman was granted legal aid for her human rights claim in May last year.
She was also granted anonymity by the High Court despite her name being made public throughout her high-profile criminal trial which resulted in her being jailed for 28 months in 2014.

Brent Council has offered her seven homes and even a £5,000 grant for a deposit to buy her own place. But the mother, who is on benefits, has turned down each offer, claiming the properties are too small, in the wrong location or the rent is too expensive.
The mother, whose sons are aged five and nine, has also moaned that private landlords refuse to deal with her because of her criminal record.

Her husband, who is the father of her children, left the UK in 2013 to wage jihad and later became a high-ranking member of IS. His wife is considered such a danger that she is banned from social media and must report to intelligence officials regularly because experts believe she could still be “vulnerable” to further extremist exploitation”.

She launched the claim following her release from jail for the second time, having been recalled earlier for breaching the terms of her licence. Initially when she demanded a council house, she was rejected because officials took the view that “she had made herself intentionally homeless when she abandoned her previous accommodation while serving a prison sentence. But the case was then referred to Brent’s social care department which offered a £5,000 grant to help the children - who were living with their maternal grandparents - get a property with their mother.

In September 2016, their mother was offered two one-bedroom homes in South London, which she rejected because they were too small.
Further offers of two-bedroom homes in Dulwich in South London, Kidderminster in Worcestershire, and Great Wryley in Staffordshire, were also spurned in March the following year because they were too far away from family.

The council were forced to look again for a property after a Child and Family Assessment report warned that she was “heavily reliant on the support of her family and friends as she is at risk of being radicalised again”. It said she was “susceptible to extremist views and re-offending if she accepted accommodation outside of London.” The woman was then moved into temporary with her children before refusing a sixth home offer, in Wolverhampton. In June this year, she was offered a two-bedroom flat in London “accepted to be within a reasonable commute of her parents home and the children’s school.”
But she rejected it because Brent Council wouldn’t help her with the rent because she had savings she could use
The court also heard that she has refused to pay her rent and service charges at the temporary accommodation provided by the council.

But last week, Judge Jennifer Eadu refused the woman’s claim, ruling that the council properties on offer were reasonable and the council should not have to foot the bill for her rent.

UNQUOTE.

Well good on that judge! Just one person in a whole bunch of idiots, including the Assessment team who judged her to be “vulnerable”, to Brent Council, who should have told her to take a hike after the first refusal of accommodation, to the moronic Legal Aid team, ever ready to grant legal aid to scum when just causes are so often turned down.
This vile, treacherous woman should be rotting in a cell with a life sentence, not taking the mickey out of our idiotic systems.

What are your views on the above?
Unprintable, the mood I'm in.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top