Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:10 AM

Dog areas

I wish more shops and cafes had places for dogs .
It's alright sitting outside in summer but it's too cold in winter .
Like our local lakeside cafe full of walkers its quite large surely they could earmark a dog place .

All this health and safety how exactly does a dog effect health and safety -it's not like it's running around the kitchen area ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:20 AM

Re: Dog areas

HS&E regard all animals as potential germ carriers. Also, when some dogs become excited, there is the snarling, barking, urine dribbling problem. Not to mention the smell - if the weather is bad - 'wet dog' is not fragrant. That is before you have to cope with all the allergies/traumas etc., some people have which are, naturally, directly attributable to dogs.

Tell you, Muddy, let's allow the dogs in - and ban the HS&E - they are a lot of doom saying spoilsports anyway. I prefer the dogs!!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:20 AM

Maybe they don't want the risk of a dog tripping someone up, shedding hair on carpets and seats, fighting each other or even biting someone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:30 AM

People must be responsible for their dogs behaviour just as they would be for their children .
Any anti social habits and they would have to leave
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Maybe they don't want the risk of a dog tripping someone up, shedding hair on carpets and seats, fighting each other or even biting someone.
If the dogs were doing that - then it is the owners fault - ban them!

Seriously though - I have been in cafes that do allow dogs - and have not seen any trouble. They sit or lie by their owners chair - or under it in some cases - and are no bother.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-10-2018, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
People must be responsible for their dogs behaviour just as they would be for their children .
Any anti social habits and they would have to leave
I would quite like to see some children banned from cafes/restaurants - some of them have no idea how to behave in public and table manners seem to be a thing of the past.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:54 AM

It's a fact most dog owners that control their animals are no threat or problem to anyone, and if they were then no doubt they wouldn't take their dogs into a cafe anyway. As for hygiene, have you seen walkers' boots and clothes after a tramp over the moors? Certainly just as filthy as any dog and down on the same harmless floor level.

And yes, give me a dog in a cafe rather than unruly children anytime...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 08:07 AM

Hi

The problem is Ambulance Chasers.

Insurance Companies put the premiums up to cover every eventuality.

Food Hygiene only bans animals in kitchens or food service counters.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 09:38 AM

I am not sure at all about this, we do take ours to the local pub it's a child and dog friendly place and mine either sit on my lap or under the table but we have left on occasions because kids taunt them or other dogs misbehave. If they do let dogs in they need to make sure everyone is safe and I think that can be difficult for them.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It's a fact most dog owners that control their animals are no threat or problem to anyone...
That's what might worry business owners. Most dog owners is by no means all. Personally I like seeing dogs in a pub, for example, and see no harm in it, but I don't have to worry about the current climate of Compensation Culture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top