Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 02:42 AM

Those squeaky clean Jews! - General's final confession links 1956 massacre to Israel'

In 1956 there was an Arab village called Kafr Qasem which came under the control of the Israel border police. The commander was Yiska Shadmi who ordered the killing of 51 men, women and children who were outside of their homes during curfew. Years later these are his death bed confessions

Yiska Shadmi’s deathbed confessions. “I grew up together with Arab children. We were friends and would play together. To me, Arabs were not foreigners that one needed to hate or fear. I grew up with them, I spoke with them, they spoke Hebrew and Yiddish, and I spoke Arabic mixed with Yiddish,” he wrote in his personal diary.

In 1956 Shadmi was a commander in the Central Command brigade, and was tasked with defending the area abutting the Jordanian border, He gave the order to impose curfew in the area one hour earlier than normal and to shoot without question

“During the hours of the curfew, they can be in their homes and do as they desire… but whomever is seen outside, who violates curfew, will be shot. Better that a few go down, and then they will learn for the next time.”

“I don’t want sentimentality; I don’t want detainees.” “Allah Yerhamu” – Arabic for “God have mercy [on their souls].”

Between 5 P.M. and 6 P.M. on that fateful day, 47 Arabs who were returning to their homes in Kafr Qasem – boys and girls, women and men – were shot to death by Border Guard troops. An additional victim, who was elderly, had a heart attack after he learned that his grandchild had been killed. In the end, according to the villagers, the total number of victims was 51. All border control troops were exonerated including Shadmi.

He also said in his ‘confessions’ – ““I was an IDF man, and if needed, I would keep silent about all sorts of things about which I knew more or differently. I didn’t sally forth like Don Quixote to fight for my justice, because I knew what they wanted from me.”

Raz; the interviewer of Shadmi and author of the book ………………..says “Adam Raz is convinced that there was a reason that Shadmi’s trial was staged and aimed to protect his superior officers, as well as for other reasons. Raz believes there was an effort at the same time to hide the existence of a secret program called “Operation Mole,” whose goal was the expulsion of Arabs from the Triangle, which included Kafr Qasem, to Jordan.

So, guess what — as exposed by the confession of the highest officer tried in the affair, the whole trial was not the moral-legal catharsis the Israelis like to position it as, but a cover up for an attempt to expel the villages of the so-called Arab-triangle region to Jordan, that was planned by the highest echelons of the Israeli state, and ultimately failed. Furthermore, the trial itself — so often brought as proof of the fundamental rule-of-law in Israel was a sham with the full collaboration of the Israeli judiciary.

This is especially significant when we remember that Israel has only released a small percentage of its archives from the early days of the state for historical research (estimated at less than 3%).

Who knows what other monstrosities have not yet seen the light of day?

2000 book “Kafr Qasem: Events and Myth” (Hakibbutz Hameuchad), the first book about the massacre.

Raz’s Hebrew-language book “Kafr Qasem Massacre: A Political Biography,” is being published this month by Carmel Press. It is the first such comprehensive study of the affair.

this is a long ago complex story of Israeli attempting to become a nation, a democractic [?] nation some would say but already prepared to commit atrocities and ignore international mores and standards. For a full account you can read it on the attached link. It can take many readings to grasp it's intricacies

the confessions of a "I stepped on a land mine called Kafra
Qasem"
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 02:07 PM

Re: Those squeaky clean Jews! - General's final confession links 1956 massacre to Israel'

Lots of massacres : https://mondoweiss.net/2018/04/unhap...ory-massacres/

1946. Zionist militias blow up the south wing of the King David Hotel, killing 91 people, most of them civilians, in order to protest British rule of Palestine.

1948. Zionist militias kill over 100 civilians in the village of Deir Yassin, which is on the road to Jerusalem. The action helps clear the road for the military advance on Jerusalem and scares thousands of other Palestinians who flee their villages. The name Deir Yassin becomes a rallying cry for Palestinians for decades to come though no one is punished. An officer with responsibility for the massacre, Menachem Begin, became Israeli prime minister 29 years later.

1948. During the expulsion of Palestinians from the central Israeli city of Lydda, more than 100 men are rounded up and held in a mosque and later massacred (according to Reja-e Busailah’s new book and others). The episode terrifies thousands of other Palestinians who seek refuge in the West Bank.

1948. Hundreds of Palestinian civilians are killed by Israeli forces in Al Dawayima village, west of Hebron. Many are killed in barbarous manner; the crime is swept under the rug for decades.

1953. Israeli troops led by Ariel Sharon raid the village of Qibya in the Jordanian-occupied West Bank and kill 69 people, most of them women and children, in retaliation for a cross-border raid that killed three Israelis. (The massacre is memorialized in Nathan Englander’s latest novel as one that solidifies Sharon’s reputation as an officer who will exact swift and awful revenge on those who harm Jews, thereby assuring his rise.)

1956. Israeli forces gun down farmers in Kfar Qasim returning from the fields who are unaware that the village had been placed under a strict curfew by the Israeli government earlier that day. Forty-eight Palestinian citizens of Israel are killed, many women and children.

1956. Israeli forces kill 275 Palestinians in Gaza in the midst of the Suez Crisis. The massacre is documented by Joe Sacco in Footnotes in Gaza.

1967. Israeli forces are said to have killed scores of Egyptian army prisoners in the Sinai during the 1967 War. Some say 100s.

1970. Israel killed 46 Egyptian children and wounded 50 others during an air raid on a primary school in the village of Bahr el-Baqar, Egypt. Known as the Bahr el-Baqar Massacre, the assault completely destroyed the school and was part of the Priha (Blossoms) Operations during the War of Attrition.

1982. The Sabra and Shatilla massacres of Palestinians in Beirut refugee camps are carried out by Lebanese Phalangist militias. But the Israel Defense Forces had control of the area and Ariel Sharon allows the militias to go into the camps. Somewhere between several hundred and 3000 Palestinians are murdered. Sharon, who died in 2014, escaped punishment for war crimes; in fact, he became an Israeli prime minister.

1996. The first Qana massacre takes place when Israeli missiles strike a UN compound in southern Lebanon where many civilians have gathered seeking refuge during clashes between Israel and Hezbollah. Over 100 civilians are killed. “Israel was universally condemned, and the United States intervened to extricate its ally from the quagmire,” Avi Shlaim writes in The Iron Wall.

2006. The second Qana massacre takes place during the Lebanon war when Israeli missiles strike a building in a village outside Qana, killing 36 civilians, including 16 children. The strike is initially defended as a response to the firing of Katyusha rockets at Israel from civilian areas.

2008-2009. During Cast Lead, the Israeli assault on Gaza following exchanges of rocket/missile attacks in months before, more than 1400 Palestinians are killed over 22 days, most of them civilians. Many die as at Qana, when they flee their homes to UN compounds and schools, hoping to be safe. The massacre brings international condemnation, including by the Goldstone Report to the UN Human Rights Council alleging war crimes; but the United States does its utmost under President Obama to defend Israel from all charges, and no one is brought to the bar.

2012. During eight days of “Pillar of Clouds,” Israel kills 160 Palestinians in Gaza, most of them civilians. The offensive boosts Netanyahu in the polls and seems timed to torpedo Palestine’s historic UN bid for statehood.

2014. Another Israeli onslaught on Gaza, this one lasting 51 days, kills upwards of 2200 Palestinians, most of them civilians. The massacre is famous for sniper killings of unarmed people and for the killings of entire families, 89 according to some authorities, typically wiped out in their homes by a missile strike. In one instance, 20 members of one family are killed. The international condemnation is again toothless.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 02:12 PM

Re: Those squeaky clean Jews! - General's final confession links 1956 massacre to Israel'

I'm not sure what to say it's all so horrific. All for land and resources.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 02:34 PM

Julie all this comes from Mondoweiss
An extreme left wing group .
It's a totally biased hate site against Israel .
And yes it's originator Philip Weiss call himself a 'progressive 'Jew .

Which presumably means he allows anti Semitic rants and references to Jews as vermin , blood suckers etc

You have to ask yourself what sort of person goes on day after day ( and he does ) posting hate on his blog about Israel ?
Most people hate Saudi Arabia but few blog about it incessantly as does Philip Weiss .

It is also a site that pushes the old anti semite trope of 'Jewish groups controlling the world ' and other stupid anti Israel conspiracy theories .

This is not a site that reasonable people will take seriously .
There has to be a balance and Weiss is unbalanced in the extreme.

He is a nobody with a hate complex.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/phili...israel-sigman/

Ask yourself if the Isreali were that bad why do Palestinians go ( and get ) for treatment in Israeli hospitals ?
Even one of the Hamas leaders had no problem in sending his four year old daughter to the Israelis for spealist treatment .
Ask yourself why are not Palestinians all moving to Gaza ?
Why are so many taking Israeli citizenship ?

But the ninety dollar question is

Why have the Palestinians refused all offers of a state so many times?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Yet another thread designed just to stir up trouble. Make a note of who is starting all of them.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yet another thread designed just to stir up trouble.
It's Gummys favourite pastime
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 03:06 PM

It's not that simple though is it?

These threads do seem to stir up trouble but that's only because the debate gets rather heated.
He's actually drawing attention to a serious issue.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 03:33 PM

That's the ME for you .. basically, they're all up to their elbows in blood.
I don't see any country can take the moral high ground .. I do see that all believe they can claim to be doing whatever is necessary for their own survival and so it goes on ... with hatred breeding more hatred.

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
1982. The Sabra and Shatilla massacres of Palestinians in Beirut refugee camps are carried out by Lebanese Phalangist militias. But the Israel Defense Forces had control of the area and Ariel Sharon allows the militias to go into the camps. Somewhere between several hundred and 3000 Palestinians are murdered. Sharon, who died in 2014, escaped punishment for war crimes; in fact, he became an Israeli prime minister.
That one is worthy of a thread of it's own.
A Christian Lebanese militia affiliated to Israel slaughtered 1,700 Palestinians in a three day rampage killing spree, in, of all places, a refugee camp.

And the epilogue adds more mystery ...
An Israeli investigative commission concluded that Israel was 'indirectly responsible' and that Ariel Sharon , then the Defence Minister (later to become Prime Minister) was 'directly responsible'.
There was talk of indicting Sharon ... but nothing came of it... as evidence and true facts was only known by those 'who were there'. The survivors. The perpetrators of the slaughter.

Keys figures of the militia who executed the massacre.
Elie Hobeika – the Phalangist leader. Assassinated.
Murdered in a car bombing in Beirut in January 2002.

Michael Nassar. Close associate to the above. Assassinated. Shot dead, with his wife, in Brazil. 2002.

Rumours now abound ... some say it's Palestinian revenge attacks. Others say, in Nassar's case it was the Brazilian Mafia.
Israel has denied that Hobeika, who had agreed to testify against Mr Sharon less than 24 hours before he was killed, was murdered by its own death squads. Sharon, was, at this time facing indictment for his hand in the affair.

Others say some survivors of the massacre, handed over to the Phalangists by Israeli troops, were held captive in containers for two weeks before being lined up and shot by firing squad.

The Forgotten Massacre

Former Militiaman Murdered

Note: Media source, The Independent.

Extra Note: I never knew before either that Netanyahu's brother was killed during the Entebbe raid.
Fascinating stuff if you want an insight into the ongoing hatred, the mindset and perpetual misery caused by this exchange of mutual hatred and war... so often to the death.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yet another thread designed just to stir up trouble. Make a note of who is starting all of them.
and your scholarly contribution to this topic "look a like wots his name?" is exactly what??
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Why shouldn't these horrors be uncovered , understood and debated.
If they are available on the internet, then they are for all to see and form opinions.

What I gather from so many of these horrific acts, is that there is much more to know, and all things give a different perspective and shine more light on the history, which in general has been overlooked.

The only chance of any peace in the region is for ex military not to be in position of Prime Ministers or leadership. That also applies to many countries as the end result usually seems to end in dictatorship or war.
Their 'military might' and hatred, never leaves their veins

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top