Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:06 AM

Re: slaughter free meat

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's a very interesting article LQ.

I asked Mrs LD if she would eat it and she said said she wouldn't. I think she has gone without eating meat for so long now that it would probably have an adverse effect. I think I would be prepared to give it a try if it stopped animal suffering but of course, as with all these things, there is always a negative side. It will be some time before we know it is safe to eat.

Judd, try the Quorn Southern fried bites (frozen) they are great.
I have. And their southern fried burgers, they're very nice also, and I eat a lot of Quorn `chicken` pieces in curries and Chinese dishes too. Not fond of the Quorn mince though, it tends to go soggy if cooked too long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Animals are there for human use, I have absolutely no problem in them being slaughtered for meat as long as it can be done with as little discomfort as possible.

Same old remarks Tara, over and over again in spite of knowing not a single person here will agree with your selfish, uneducated statement.

Animals, and insects are all here as an important part of the natural eco-system and nature.
They go about their daily life, helping nature survive, reproducing, getting ill and eventually dying - just the same as you and me.

They are no more there for 'human use' than you are here for theirs.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same old remarks Tara, over and over again in spite of knowing not a single person here will agree with your selfish, uneducated statement.

Animals, and insects are all here as an important part of the natural eco-system and nature.
They go about their daily life, helping nature survive, reproducing, getting ill and eventually dying - just the same as you and me.

They are no more there for 'human use' than you are here for theirs.
Excellent post Mups and very well said!!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Of course if this catches on there will be no need for animals, no incentive to keep rare breeds. What's next, soylent green?
It's an alternative to having massive slaughter houses , and cruelty. we can still keep animals in the fields. Wool from the sheep, milk from the cows and goats, eggs from the hens etc.
Why do we need meat anyway ?

18 million turkeys are 'bred' and killed for our Christmas celebration. That's no celebration in my book. How many ham joints ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0p93spbDac

There's also a case of Mad Cow disease reported in Aberdeenshire today. We wouldn't want that would we ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
It's an alternative to having massive slaughter houses , and cruelty. we can still keep animals in the fields. Wool from the sheep, milk from the cows and goats, eggs from the hens etc.
Why do we need meat anyway ?

18 million turkeys are 'bred' and killed for our Christmas celebration. That's no celebration in my book. How many ham joints ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0p93spbDac

There's also a case of Mad Cow disease reported in Aberdeenshire today. We wouldn't want that would we ?

We managed to survive the outbreak in 1979 - 1990!!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
We managed to survive the outbreak in 1979 - 1990!!!
Not everyone did UJ. !
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 02:57 PM

Animals are there for human use, I have absolutely no problem in them being slaughtered for meat as long as it can be done with as little discomfort as possible.
For once, I agree with you. They wouldn't exist if there was no market for meat products.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
For once, I agree with you. They wouldn't exist if there was no market for meat products.
I find your comment totally offensive and arrogant....
Ofc these animals would "exist" if there was no demand for us to slaughter them.
Who are humans to say an animal should "exist" or not exist?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I find your comment totally offensive and arrogant....
Ofc these animals would "exist" if there was no demand for us to slaughter them.
Who are humans to say an animal should "exist" or not exist?
Because we are superior to animals of other species.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

18-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Because we are superior to animals of other species.
A typical response and one I was expecting from you.
How arrogant!!!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top