Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Re: Chilcot Report

More wise words from realist
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Not gonna happen.

The report will conclude that Blair broke no laws that were in effect at the time he took us into a war with Iraq.

The 7 year delay has already allowed all the guilty perpetrators to line up their alibis and evidence to protect themselves.

It's a white wash, cover up, brush under the carpet affair. We are fools for letting these people rule/govern us.
Sad to say Realist, think you are right.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 07:26 PM

Hi

I have been involved in a number of Inquiries, thankfully not this one.

The standard procedure is this, make a big public play, spend ages doing it.

Hopefully, by that time, someone has died or is so seriously ill that nothing will happen to them, so they take the blame.

If that doesn't work, there is a frantic hunt for the lowest form of human life involved who then takes the blame.

The real decisions are made in private, meetings with no Minutes.

If there have to be minutes, as in COBRA meetings, they are not only bland, they are then sealed until people are long dead.

I have seen some very talented and decent people have their careers destroyed by this.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Not gonna happen.

The report will conclude that Blair broke no laws that were in effect at the time he took us into a war with Iraq.

The 7 year delay has already allowed all the guilty perpetrators to line up their alibis and evidence to protect themselves.

It's a white wash, cover up, brush under the carpet affair. We are fools for letting these people rule/govern us.
I agree that it is certainly going to be a whitewash; I'll eat my words if it isn't.

My prediction is that they'll come to the conclusion that B Liar was innocent because he was fed false information.

I'll put money on it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 06:37 AM

I don't think that Tony Blair is a war criminal and I am surprised by the left supporters here who are so keen to see him tried as one.
He was after all a LABOUR Prime Minister .
He didn't go into Iraq alone but was supported by both Houses of Parliament .

One of the biggest wrongs IMO Tony Blair did was allowing unlimited immigration to the detriment of the working people.
His incredible lifestyle since he left office (watched the Blair Rich Project last night) compares poorly with what has happened to the poorer sections of British society.
How ironic that a man with such a huge property portfolio did very little for social housing in this country .
If he had been a Tory it would be bad enough but a man who stood for labour going down the same hackneyed but lucrative route -but then that's politicians I suppose.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 07:24 AM

Well said Muddy !
I don't think there is any difference between politicians when it comes to lining their pockets.....they are human after all.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Well said Muddy !
I don't think there is any difference between politicians when it comes to lining their pockets.....they are human after all.
Sorry but have to say your post has nothing to do with Blair being guilty or not of a war crime.

Under international law you are not allowed to go to war with another country unless you think that country can attack you.

Which was why the Americans did not attack Japan first
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:17 AM

On that basis it can be argued that he did think Iraq could attack us .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:26 AM

Personally I do think Bliar is a war criminal.
Should he be tried?
I'm not so sure, would it be in my country's best interest?
There were weapons of mass destruction... Sadam and his cousin Chemical Ali, responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths between them.

Maybe the threat of being labelled a war criminal has scared our politicians so much so that they're scared to take on ISIS
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:48 AM

It makes no difference which party he belonged to. He was Prime Minister of this country and he lied to the country and, deliberately or not, caused the death of a worthier man than himself, as well as the thousands killed by the Iraq War, at the time and since by the indefensible lack of plan for a stable aftermath.

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top