Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:57 AM

Re: Lion Queen in the hot seat.

I know you used to be a big girl Queenie.

What inspired you to loose weight & how did you do it?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 08:14 AM

Hi Queenie - which do you prefer - Cinema, live Theatre or DVD?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hi Bev....OK another question from me. Do you believe in ghosts or an afterlife?
Morning Summer

I believe in both . Only ever once seen a ghost though , a little girl of around 4 years old stood looking at me , she had on a pretty white dress like a holy communion dress. That was around 30 years ago.

I believe in afterlife because I dont believe this is it, not sure what or in what form but I believe our soul lives on
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
What (if any) are your religious beliefs?

You don't have to answer if you don't want.
Let's just say I pray. Dont really like talking about it on here because I cant be arsed with the ridicule other members give . I've never understood why the subject brings the ugly side of people out. Believe, agnostic or atheist I don't really care and I wouldn't dream if making fun of anyone for their beliefs or non beliefs.

I hope that answers your question.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

04-04-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I know you used to be a big girl Queenie.

What inspired you to loose weight & how did you do it?
Enough was enough, I looked in the mirror one day and didn't recognise the woman looking back at me , I was lost in grief at the loss of my mum and sister both died suddenly without warning within 3 weeks of each other.

I like to think they are responsible for waking me up . I could barely walk, I felt ridiculously exhausted and I didnt look like me.

I took chargr of my life , I wanted to live and wanted to get off the path of self destruct.

I researched good nutrition and found that food griwn from the ground, trees and bushes are so good and tasty. I follow a raw food diet mostly but im not vegetarian or vegan as I eat chicken breasts, fish, eggs and cheese. Im doing a diploma course on raw food and enjoying it.

I also swim and gym . I've put on a few pounds since lickdown and I cant wait till the gym opens again.

It took me 3 years to lose my weight
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 02:05 PM

What jobs have you had from leaving school to the present day.

Which was your favourite and why?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

04-04-2021, 02:53 PM

My first was working in a factory making light fittings . Then when I was 19 I got a job on our local newspaper The Dewsbury Reporter as receptionist. I was there 3 years till I got pregnant with my son.

During the time of my son growing up I did what fitted in with school, I cleaned and worked in a fish shop. Once he was grown up I went back into admin until I reached 50 and I changed my career and went into care.

I worked in a care home then left to look after a lady with dementia for 2 years till she passed .

I'm back in admin for the past 3 years .

The best job I had were caring for my lady with dementia, it wasn't like work it was like going to visit my friend, we had such fun together, we laughed a lot and we sang together. Happy memories RiP my dear Christine

I enjoyed the fish shop too , loved the rapport with the regular customers
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 03:13 PM

Ahem! Are you not speaking to me this morning?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

04-04-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hi Queenie - which do you prefer - Cinema, live Theatre or DVD?
Sorry Tabs I totally missed this.

Without a doubt live theatre. Im a huge musical theatre fan and I cant wait to be able to go again. I had 3 shows booked before covid struck, Matthew Bournes Red Shoes, Les Mis for second time and a Freddie mercury extravaganza.

I also am really into cinema but yeah, Live Theatre is my favourite
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-04-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Sorry Tabs I totally missed this.

Without a doubt live theatre. Im a huge musical theatre fan and I cant wait to be able to go again. I had 3 shows booked before covid struck, Matthew Bournes Red Shoes, Les Mis for second time and a Freddie mercury extravaganza.

I also am really into cinema but yeah, Live Theatre is my favourite
LOL - you are forgiven!!

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top