Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 01:12 PM

Natural History museum branded sexist.

Natural History Museum is branded sexist... for not having enough female animal exhibits.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-exhibits.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 01:52 PM

Re: Natural History museum branded sexist.

Unbelievable, Dongle.
It's not April 1st is it?

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 01:53 PM

Spoiled!
That’s all I can think of.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 01:54 PM

Hi

The World is going mad.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 02:29 PM

I'm heading straight for the nearest rocket ship as........

In space, no one can hear you scream.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 02:51 PM

Lmao bloody more bonkers every day
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Natural History Museum is branded sexist... for not having enough female animal exhibits.
Well the reason for that is blindingly obvious - females have more sense than to allow themselves to be caught, killed, stuffed and shoved into exhibition cases!!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 03:11 PM

Reading this thread and wording of the link, especially the comment "Male birds outnumbered females by 60 per cent to 40 per cent …" I reckon the appropriate comment might just be that the world's gone completely 'cuckoo'!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 03:23 PM

Mosst male exhibits make better display specimens than females - they are usually brighter, bigger and more impressive than the females. To me it is hardly surprising that there are more males amongst the exhibits than females. Also it is conceivable that the males would be taken before the females and the females left to breed. I don't suppose the ignorant numpties who are complaining sexist would even think about such things -they are too busy being indignant about nothing.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Mosst male exhibits make better display specimens than females - they are usually brighter, bigger and more impressive than the females. To me it is hardly surprising that there are more males amongst the exhibits than females. Also it is conceivable that the males would be taken before the females and the females left to breed. I don't suppose the ignorant numpties who are complaining sexist would even think about such things -they are too busy being indignant about nothing.
The section in bold is something i learnt from many years of watching Johnny Morris and then David Attenborough, in many of their programmes on the animal kingdom, for the majority it is the males of the species who have the sounds and visual of beauty and splendour and it is the female of the species who are considered 'plane'.

If you want to show people the marvels of the planet we live on, what does one do, fill exhibits with plane looking female species or beautiful, elaborate eye catching males species?

The answer to that depends on your politics of animal treatment and welfare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top