Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: Who to vote for?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
As predicted there are lots of proposed amendments including to have an election next May and to

''increased redundancy pay for members of staff ''
That presumably is MPs who lose their seats ...

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...y_cwh_1029.pdf

I think issues like allowing the vote to 16 year olds and EU nationals should be proposed and debated at another time and not tagged on to this bill to suport a Remain vote.
According to Laura Kunessberg...

Hoyle has not selected votes for 16 and 17 year olds or EU citizens but it's provisional until he confirms it in the speaker's chair which won't be until after the first vote in about twenty mins
ETA Lindsay Hoyle (who chairs the ways and means committee) picks amendments at committee stage, not Bercow.

Those amendments can still be introduced in the Lords.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That's how I feel about the Tories!
I feel the same way. I honestly don't know who to vote for. I can't bear Corbyn. I wish he would quit.

Labour had no money left last time because there was a global financial crash. People conveniently forget that happened. Tories have borrowed more than labour did.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 06:49 PM

Interesting comment from Tusk on the day of this election vote.

Donald Tusk
To my British friends,

The EU27 has formally adopted the extension. It may be the last one. Please make the best use of this time.

I also want to say goodbye to you as my mission here is coming to an end. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 07:09 PM

I cannot betray the principles of a lifetime and those of my coal mining ancestors and vote Tory .

I cannot vote for Jeremy Corbyn and his anti Semitic a nutcases .

Last time I voted Lib Dem and the useless Nick Clegg .

So who to vote for ?

Goodness only knows .

My MP is a fox hunting Tory brexeiteer with a seat so safe he couldn’t fall off if you pushed him .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 08:01 PM

Is there not something/someone to vote for simply to show our dissatisfaction?

To not vote or to destroy the paper counts as nothing, I believe. So it would be good to have a hypothetical being that's counted, but meaningless.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 08:18 PM

Anyone that votes on issues normally associated with a GE, things like the NHS, Education will be making the biggest mistake of their life in my opinion. Nothing can be properly sorted out until the UK leaves the EU because the UK is so intertwined with the EU on it's laws and it's budgets that mistakes are bound to get made.

Say or example Labour decide to make a huge cash injection into the NHS, promises of buying new equipment, money for new staff, money for better working conditions. The voters think WOW, i like this and vote Labour. Labour get's in, a few months later the UK leaves the EU and suddenly issues start cropping up, issues that were not foreseen and suddenly money that was earmarked for the NHS has to be used elsewhere. Labour then go 'sorry, we cannot do what we said we was going to because we were unable to foresee what would happen with leaving the EU', then those who voted because of the NHS pledge feel angry, suckered and duped.

People cannot and must not vote towards any political party that promises anything other than leaving the EU.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 08:22 PM

I will most likely vote Conservative to give Boris the chance to see Brexit through.... hopefully
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I feel the same way. I honestly don't know who to vote for. I can't bear Corbyn. I wish he would quit.

Labour had no money left last time because there was a global financial crash. People conveniently forget that happened. Tories have borrowed more than labour did.
The problem with the electorate is that they have become so institutionalised that all they see is two political parties, the Conservatives and Labour and that is has to be one of these two who are the only ones allowed to run the country.

Brexit has proven that neither of the two parties have the best interests of the voters at heart. Corbyn is too focused on being PM that he has completely ignored the implosions within his own party and the conservatives are doing what they always do, ignore everyone and do their own thing.

In truth, regardless of the party name, if your local MP has done all that has been asked of them and has voted on Brexit matters that reflect the views of the constituents, then vote for that person because that person is clearly doing what the constituents voted that person to do.

Personally i want to see the political system rocked to the core by having the Brexit party win a GE, Nigel Farage would make a good leader in my opinion.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 08:57 PM

P45 time for some?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Soubry.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	10946  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-10-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
P45 time for some?
I watched the debate and after the 3rd reading of the bill where MPs back a general election on 12 December by
438 to 20 ( 20 voted against, around 200 abstained ) Soubry made a fool of herself by standing up and saying Parliament really wanted a people vote which did not go down well..

I will not be sorry to see the back of that loud-mouthed woman.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top