Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 12:12 AM

Re: Gina Millers Latest Stunt

I have to admit i do fear for her life which is based on what happened to the MP Joe Cox. Cox was an ardent supporter of immigration and some right wing mental nut case ended her life. All it's going to take is an ardent brexit supporter being mentally taken over the edge by Millar's constant interference.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I have to admit i do fear for her life which is based on what happened to the MP Joe Cox. Cox was an ardent supporter of immigration and some right wing mental nut case ended her life. All it's going to take is an ardent brexit supporter being mentally taken over the edge by Millar's constant interference.
I don't agree with murdering anyone, even politicians. However, if someone should top her I don't think I'll attend her funeral!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She is entitled to her view, that is Democracy, a great British Tradition.

She can go to Court as many times as she wants.

She will not change my view no matter how much money she spends.

Out we go.

She has one vote, the same as me.
She may have one vote Swimmy, but she is attempting to influence many people in how to vote so she can ensure that we remain. If people see that she is wealthy & wants to remain, they may believe that is the way they should vote so they will be better off.
I am afraid that your vote us unlikely to influence many, but she is an influential speaker & many may be interested in what she says..... because she makes it clear that what she is doing is just to ensure that the process of Brexit is legal. Many are naive enough to believe her & they may change their vote because they are sick of the disruption that not being sure is causing!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 08:06 AM

Hi

Well she is not influencing me.

I always use my vote, it is important to me.

I am happy to be a nobody, it is us nobodies who decide who is in Government.

I am still Politically Restricted until 4 days after the Election.

After that I can have some fun.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 08:12 AM

Hi

Could you explain that Swimmy?

In what way are you politically restricted till 16th Dec?

What sort of fun can you have after the election results?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
[/B]

Could you explain that Swimmy?

In what way are you politically restricted till 16th Dec?

What sort of fun can you have after the election results?
Hi

I am early retired but can still be called in until the 16th December.

I am a dual postholder, so fall foul of this.

https://www.havering.gov.uk/info/200..._information/2

I was also a Civil Servant, that part of my salary being paid by Central Government.

I was a Statutory Appointment, so caught on this.

16th December is the date when I can longer be called in by anyone and my Pension cannot be affected.

I will still be subject to the Official Secrets Act, but that is very restrictive in it's application.

It does not cover exposing cockups and stupidity, it merely covers specific information and cases.

There is a line to tread and I will tread it carefully.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 10:38 AM

The Telegraph warns that communications, on the elections, using Twitter & various others, will be at an all time high, this time around, and that fake, or negative, news will be spread wildly amongst the population as we approach the election.

They say that it will be a central weapon of the Remainers.

Suggestion is that Boris needs to get on board with that.

He could lose the election if he doesn't.

And then there's going to be a postman strike, just when the 20% of voters will be wanting to submit their postal vote.

After what the democracy blockers have done in Parliament, now we can expect all this, as well.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
The Telegraph warns that communications, on the elections, using Twitter & various others, will be at an all time high, this time around, and that fake, or negative, news will be spread wildly amongst the population as we approach the election.

They say that it will be a central weapon of the Remainers.

Suggestion is that Boris needs to get on board with that.

He could lose the election if he doesn't.

And then there's going to be a postman strike, just when the 20% of voters will be wanting to submit their postal vote.

After what the democracy blockers have done in Parliament, now we can expect all this, as well.
Ooops! Can this be moved to the Brexit Topics?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Hi

I agree.

If anything, I think her antics are annoying most people. Certainly, they are annoying me. Hopefully, she will have persuaded more and more people to do the opposite of what she is suggesting.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

01-11-2019, 11:07 AM

Hi

I am early retired but can still be called in until the 16th December.

I am a dual postholder, so fall foul of this.

https://www.havering.gov.uk/info/200..._information/2

I was also a Civil Servant, that part of my salary being paid by Central Government.

I was a Statutory Appointment, so caught on this.

16th December is the date when I can longer be called in by anyone and my Pension cannot be affected.

I will still be subject to the Official Secrets Act, but that is very restrictive in it's application.

It does not cover exposing cockups and stupidity, it merely covers specific information and cases.

There is a line to tread and I will tread it carefully.
I still don't understand how this can affect how you vote or have any connection to Gina Millers stunts.......but I will wait till 16th December to discover exactly what your fun will be!

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top