Join for free
Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 05:12 PM

Re: Things from your childhood that no one will know now

Anyone remember Whip'n'Tops?

We used coloured chalk to make patterns on the top of the Tops, wound the thong of the Whips around them, then pulled them sharply away to make the Tops spin. Had to keep whipping them to make them stay spinning and to do tricks with them.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

We used coloured chalk to make patterns on the top of the Tops, wound the thong of the Whips around them, then pulled them sharply away to make the Tops spin. Had to keep whipping them to make them stay spinning and to do tricks with them.
One type were called Window Breakers....can't remember what the others were called.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 06:29 PM

Do people still send blue air mail letters ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 06:50 PM

awwww, I loved my whip and top. I had a leather lace on my whip and used to whip the hell out of it, the colours and patterns were great.

We have a museum in our local park and you could buy them from there. I remember taking my son when he was about 4 and I bought him one, he wasn't in the least bit interested *sigh*
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 06:59 PM

A cobbler's last for repairing boots and shoes.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do people still send blue air mail letters ?
I still use airmail paper & envelopes, don't think you can buy the actual air mail letters any more.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 07:05 PM

It was a difficult skill to learn but once mastered, hours of fun.

Cup and ball anyone? A plastic cone with a spring mechanism activate by a trigger on the cone. You placed a ping-pong ball in the cone, pressed the trigger and the ball flew out. The trick was to catch it with the cone.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
awwww, I loved my whip and top. I had a leather lace on my whip and used to whip the hell out of it, the colours and patterns were great.

We have a museum in our local park and you could buy them from there. I remember taking my son when he was about 4 and I bought him one, he wasn't in the least bit interested *sigh*
So that's where you got your love of BDSM from?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 07:15 PM

'Loose ' butter that came in a wooden tub and had to be weighed in the shop and wrapped in greaseproof paper.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 07:21 PM

Tongs for puting coal on the fire.

Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top