Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 07:09 PM

Re: Goodbye Mail Online

Adblocker Ultimate and NoScript add-ons for Firefox. No pop-ups, no adverts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 08:08 PM

Anyone got a safe link for nano adblocker? I tried the add on tab but it's not there, just adblock plus.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 08:16 PM

If you have Chrome browser try this link LD

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ioajlkfo?hl=en
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
If you have Chrome browser try this link LD

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ioajlkfo?hl=en
That worked fine wishbone. Thanks
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
I've been having the same trouble as LD with the Daily Mail online so tried Nano adblocker as suggested by Tachyon with excellent results no flashing adverts and no pop-ups ........thanks Tachyon
Glad to help. The Nano Defender is to back up the Nano Adblocker in the sense that it stops the few sites that manage to detect the Adblocker part. They work brilliantly together.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-11-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Glad to help. The Nano Defender is to back up the Nano Adblocker in the sense that it stops the few sites that manage to detect the Adblocker part. They work brilliantly together.
Yep! All seems good now (well apart from the content)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 04:11 PM

I never view Mail Online on my computer unless someone here has posted a link to it.

I do, however, look at Mail Online on my Android phone most evenings or mornings in bed (as an excuse not to get up too quickly).

I have found no problems with ads: I just scroll past them. In fact, I'm so used to automatically doing that that I can't say I really notice them now.

The only thing I like about the Mail is that it is the only one I've found which invites readers' comments. Actually, the writing and spelling of their so-called journalists is so bad that it is often quicker and easier just to look at the headlines then go straight to the Comments section.

That also provides a much more unbiased view of the topic under discussion.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-11-2019, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I never view Mail Online on my computer unless someone here has posted a link to it.

I do, however, look at Mail Online on my Android phone most evenings or mornings in bed (as an excuse not to get up too quickly).

I have found no problems with ads: I just scroll past them. In fact, I'm so used to automatically doing that that I can't say I really notice them now.

The only thing I like about the Mail is that it is the only one I've found which invites readers' comments. Actually, the writing and spelling of their so-called journalists is so bad that it is often quicker and easier just to look at the headlines then go straight to the Comments section.

That also provides a much more unbiased view of the topic under discussion.
Mrs LD often reads out the comments to me. They are usually spot on.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top