Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 09:06 PM

Re: Spoil your ballot paper.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I spoilt my vote in the last local elections - 'None of the above' and was proud to do so. I don't see it as a knockback for those that gave their lives in wars, I see it as preserving what they fought for - Britain.

Our current politicians are a bunch of self-serving scum bags who couldn't give a toss about the Country they are supposed to represent. I often wonder if those soldiers could see what a ridiculous Country we have turned into, whether they would bother to fight for it. None of the current politicians are good enough to represent those who died.
Well put Longdogs: none of our politicians can be trusted
no back bone
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 09:29 PM

I would never spoil my ballot paper, and if there was no suitable candidate I would vote against the candidate I least wanted to represent my constituency. And in this case I'd sooner cut off my hand than vote for a labour one....

I don't believe it would make an apeth' of difference if you spoiled your ballot paper, they would just be discarded and it allows some useless cretin to win. There is usually half a dozen candidates to vote for, and in the absence of a Brexit candidate, there would most certainly be an independent.

Being as there was a big majority voting for Brexit round here, I doubt that there wouldn't be a Brexit Party candidate.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I would never spoil my ballot paper, and if there was no suitable candidate I would vote against the candidate I least wanted to represent my constituency. And in this case I'd sooner cut off my hand than vote for a labour one....

I don't believe it would make an apeth' of difference if you spoiled your ballot paper, they would just be discarded and it allows some useless cretin to win. There is usually half a dozen candidates to vote for, and in the absence of a Brexit candidate, there would most certainly be an independent.

Being as there was a big majority voting for Brexit round here, I doubt that there wouldn't be a Brexit Party candidate.
But they are not they are counted and if 20% spoiled their papers think it would make them to start to listen
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 11:16 PM

Voting NONE is a positive protest, to say:

'I believe in democracy, but I do not support any of the candidates. I want better politics in the UK'.

That is what I want.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I spoilt my vote in the last local elections - 'None of the above' and was proud to do so. I don't see it as a knockback for those that gave their lives in wars, I see it as preserving what they fought for - Britain.

Our current politicians are a bunch of self-serving scum bags who couldn't give a toss about the Country they are supposed to represent. I often wonder if those soldiers could see what a ridiculous Country we have turned into, whether they would bother to fight for it. None of the current politicians are good enough to represent those who died.
You're right. The way things are going, I can't see much reason to fight for this country now.

A sad situation and, worse, there is no sign of any forthcoming improvement. All I can say is that I'm glad I'm the age I am and, more importantly, I have no children.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:40 PM

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

Or spoil your ballot paper which I believe will be binned and discarded whatever you may think....

They don't give a sh$t for a correctly marked paper anyway...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:53 PM

I might have a bit more respect for these politicians if explained more about what they would like to do, instead of spending 99% of their speech making schoolboy, snidey remarks about each other.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

14-11-2019, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I might have a bit more respect for these politicians if explained more about what they would like to do, instead of spending 99% of their speech making schoolboy, snidey remarks about each other.
Well it's all a pack of lies and empty promises anyway Mups.....I just pick the one that's nearest to what I'd like to see happen, and in this election it will be BREXIT.....But I think that will just be fanciful dreaming...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:00 PM

Well it's all a pack of lies and empty promises anyway Mups.....I just pick the one that's nearest to what I'd like to see happen, and in this election it will be BREXIT.....But I think that will just be fanciful dreaming...

Yes, I think you are right Foxy.
I am sick to death of it all, and I doubt I am the only one by a long chalk.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:39 PM

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

Or spoil your ballot paper which I believe will be binned and discarded whatever you may think....

They don't give a sh$t for a correctly marked paper anyway...
Yes. As others have said, they do at least count the 'spoilt' papers, and a large number of such papers will feature in the reports of vote numbers after counting.

That would, of course, make clear the public's opinion about the political parties on offer.

Unfortunately, the politicians don't give a toss about those 'dissatisfied' numbers. All they're concerned about is the fact that they've gained another five years or more of sitting on their fat backsides in a cosy 'debating chamber' raking in their generous remunerations and enjoying a free drink or three in the private bar.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top