Join for free
Page 21 of 23 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 05:56 PM

Re: Farage U turn

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Voting Corbyn is like cutting off your nose to spite your face

Yep, much like Remainers destroying democracy for everyone else just because they didn't get their way.

If you're going to deny the majority of the largest public vote the country has ever had ,then they have every right to give you the Marxist nightmare you so deserve.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep, much like Remainers destroying democracy for everyone else just because they didn't get their way.

If you're going to deny the majority of the largest public vote the country has ever had ,then they have every right to give you the Marxist nightmare you so deserve.
I can see your logic, and I agree to a point.

However, the remoaners among the general public are in the minority, so can do very little but whinge.

Our worst enemies are the remoaners in Parliament. They can twist, and are twisting, the whole country to suit their own ends.

They are the ones destroying democracy and they're the ones be must deal with.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think the Brexit Party is still a big problem for Boris even though they have stood down on all the Conservative seats.

As I see it, he still needs gains from the labour leave seats to get a majority that he can comfortably unblock parliament - for that, he will be competing with the Brexit Party, splitting the votes in the labour seats in the north. If he wants to get his majority, Farage needs to stand down in all but about 40 seats in total.

I don't think we have seen the end of this yet.

Nomination papers must be submitted before 4pm, Friday.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No you'd be wrong Donkeyman.

If you wish to make a "Protest Vote" then it MUST be done in a specific way.

Otherwise vote counters are instructed to treat the votes in an entirely different way. Spoiling your vote in any way you like IS NOT the way to do it.

Read what you need to do here:

http://www.votenone.org.uk/protest_votes_count.html
Thanks very much for the info Realist, so my basic idea is correct, and
my proviso that Someone needs to co-ordinate such action is also
valid in order to get the numbers?
Who better to do this than Nigel Farage with 17-2 million leave
voters on call, plus some of the traditional non voters?
The leave voters in the non tory constituencies could still vote as
normal( BP)??
At the moment l am effectively disenfranchised in my area as my
tory candidate is a staunch remainer!!
So for me NONE OF THE ABOVE is my only option, but alone l dont
make a difference!
Regards Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 09:55 PM

I just found this transcript on You Tube:

Just to be clear, the law as it stands at the moment is that the UK leaves the EU under both UK law and EU law in 79 days time, at 11pm on the 31st of January 2020, deal or no deal.

So, a no deal Brexit is still a technical possibility - it has not been removed in legal terms.

So let's assume Boris Johnson does end up in Number Ten leading a new Conservative Party government, what are the possibilities?

Well, the bottom line is that we will only leave without a deal on the 31st of January, if Boris fails to get his deal through and he refuses to extend the Article 50 process again or the EU refuses it and if he refuses to revoke the Article 50 letter.

Now the legislative timetable will be tight for him to get the essential treaty legislation through Parliament and have the EU Parliament agree to it all as well, so that the UK leaves the EU with his deal on Brexit Day.

So most people are assuming it will all hinge on the size of the Boris majority in the House of Commons once all the votes are counted.

But it might not be quite as simple as that.

The reality is, that it will all hinge on the Brexit quality of all MPs, especially those of the Tory flavour, that end up in the House of Commons after the General Election.

And stories are coming out that former Tory Remainer MPs, who have either been ousted or have decided not to stand again, are in some cases being replaced with more possible Remainers.

Now I don't know how true this is, but I read on twitter that Anna Soubry's replacement in Broxtowe may well have voted Remain in the 2016 EU referendum. So where does that candidate's loyalties lie?

And the trouble is that we will have no real idea until all the nominations are in, accepted and published by the local returning officers.

It is at that point that we will start to uncover what sort of Brexit government the Tories could realistically form - and forget politicians' promises, they mean diddly squat.

And if the bulk of them are, as is normal in our two party state, a rollover of the last lot, then you can understand my concerns.

Especially if their number is increased by some new Remainers, closet or otherwise.

Then there's the matter of the Tory manifesto. What will it say about a no deal Brexit, or about the future relationship negotiations with the EU?

We won't know that until after nominations are closed tomorrow, at which point it will be impossible for Nigel Farage to change his mind and reverse the decision to stand down his Brexit Party in 317 Tory seats.

So we'd be stuck with whatever Tories got in, as probably the sole Brexit presence - and as I pointed out earlier, the overall 'Brexit quality' of the Parliamentary Conservative Party might not be as high as some hope.

And, apart from the views of the PM, this is what will drive the likelihood of a no deal Brexit occurring.

And that will inevitably taint any Cabinet team that Boris puts together.

Is this when we start to see the heirs to Dominic Grieve, Oliver Letwin, Anna Soubry and Ken Clarke begin to make their presences felt?

Will we see the Remainer based opposition trying to form secret behind the scenes anti-Brexit alliances with them? Silly question.

Will we have drained the swamp and changed politics for good? Another silly question.

Now, I'm not saying they would try and openly stop Brexit on the 31st of January, but there may be enough of them may make sufficient noise to force Boris Johnson into at least a technical Article 50 extension, to get his deal finalised and prevent that no deal Brexit.

And this could be quite significant. Why, because under the political declaration the UK has to decide by June 2020 whether or not to extend the transition period beyond the 31st of December 2020.

Therefore any further Brexit delay would heighten the chances of that period being extended by another two years.

See the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZi...MAnCjMJBjNaWks
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 02:10 AM

There are some major flaws in that piece JBR

"Just to be clear, the law as it stands at the moment is that the UK leaves the EU under both UK law and EU law in 79 days time, at 11pm on the 31st of January 2020, deal or no deal.

So, a no deal Brexit is still a technical possibility - it has not been removed in legal terms."

Yet the same was true of the 31st Oct deadline, UNTIL the traitorous HoC invented and rushed through the Benn "Surrender" Bill to prevent the possibility of a No Deal.

If follows that if they could do it for the 31st Oct deadline, they will do it again for this new deadline.

Well, the bottom line is that we will only leave without a deal on the 31st of January, if Boris fails to get his deal through and he refuses to extend the Article 50 process again or the EU refuses it and if he refuses to revoke the Article 50 letter.

The reality is that Boris has dredged up May's disastrous deal, tweaked it and now hopes to get it through. If he is given a majority he WILL push that through and we get BRINO.

"The reality is, that it will all hinge on the Brexit quality of all MPs, especially those of the Tory flavour, that end up in the House of Commons after the General Election.

This part is true but sadly voters can't guarantee who is truly a Leaver and who a Remainer. We've already seen lots of MPs switch sides and/or run for cover.

The election is being rigged to give Boris and the Establishment Party the majority it needs to push through BRINO and total scupper BrExit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-11-2019, 10:26 AM

I agree, Realist.

All it boils down to is that we cannot trust anyone presently in Parliament. Not Boris, not the Limp Dems and certainly not the Loony Party.

That is whey, given the chance, I would vote for the Brexit Party; the only party that would achieve Brexit.

Nigel has made the effort to withdraw some of his potential MPs in the hope that Boris will come to some agreement.

Boris (so far) has agreed to nothing.

I am slowly edging toward not bothering to vote or, rather, to draw a line through all parties and write 'NONE' on my voting slip.

I see nothing more than I can do. Effectively, democracy has now gone. God knows what will happen to this country.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree, Realist.

All it boils down to is that we cannot trust anyone presently in Parliament. Not Boris, not the Limp Dems and certainly not the Loony Party.

That is whey, given the chance, I would vote for the Brexit Party; the only party that would achieve Brexit.

Nigel has made the effort to withdraw some of his potential MPs in the hope that Boris will come to some agreement.

Boris (so far) has agreed to nothing.

I am slowly edging toward not bothering to vote or, rather, to draw a line through all parties and write 'NONE' on my voting slip.

I see nothing more than I can do. Effectively, democracy has now gone. God knows what will happen to this country.

The buffoon has out smarted us leavers!
We are stuck with the brino deal or surrender?
Which is worse?
Brino costs 39 billion!
Surrender costs never ending payments!!
What price cowardice?
Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-11-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The buffoon has out smarted us leavers!
We are stuck with the brino deal or surrender?
Which is worse?
Brino costs 39 billion!
Surrender costs never ending payments!!
What price cowardice?
Exactly why I would vote for the Brexit Party, given the chance.

I still hope for a substantial presence of the BP in Parliament in order to force Boris's hand. I'd like to see him forced into accepting Brexit and saving our £39 billion and fishing areas.

If he doesn't, I shall not vote Conservative again.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 07:31 PM

Mr Farage has said the Conservatives are only interested in getting a majority for the party not for leaving EU.

Plus:https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9202756.html

Conservatives deny these allegations, obviously they would.

Mr Farage said his candidates were “coming under relentless phone calls, emails and abuse and being told they must stand down”. “It tells me all I need to know about the Conservative Party. All they care about is the party, not getting a Leave majority in Westminster.”

Page 21 of 23 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top