Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:52 PM

Postman Delivering Adverts!

Almost daily, my postman staggers up my path carrying a very heavy bag which seems to contain, mostly, adverts.

When he has pushed his mail through the Post Hole, in my front door, having bypassed the sign which says "no callers, no advertising materials", I simply gather them all up and shove them into a bin specially placed for the service.

What a colossal waste of money, and my patience.

If I'm away on holiday the thieves can tell i'm not there by the pile of this rubbish on my door mat.

There has to be a way of stopping this.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 12:54 PM

Re: Postman Delivering Adverts!

Folks will need to get out all the domestic adverts they can, Post Brexit.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Almost daily, my postman staggers up my path carrying a very heavy bag which seems to contain, mostly, adverts.

When he has pushed his mail through the Post Hole, in my front door, having bypassed the sign which says "no callers, no advertising materials", I simply gather them all up and shove them into a bin specially placed for the service.

What a colossal waste of money, and my patience.

If I'm away on holiday the thieves can tell i'm not there by the pile of this rubbish on my door mat.

There has to be a way of stopping this.

I agree Ted, it is a complete waste of paper and something the Ecofreaks have overlooked whilst too busy forcing us to carry vegetables inside our underpants or drink our coffee from old gozunders. 99% of this stuff is total crap and it should be stopped. It's us that ends up having to sort all this rubbish for recycling.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 01:03 PM

What about if your Son or Daughter, fed up with having no meaningful job or prospects, came home and said, "I'm going to follow my own destiny" and become a self employed gardener, or mobile hairdresser, and being enterprising had produced some promotional material. They say to you "Mom/Dad, can you help me to distribute these to the local population", well are you going to help or not, especially if there is a "No Junk Mail" sticker on your front door?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 01:06 PM

You have to contact your local delivery office and tell them you don't want them.

These things are called "Households" or "Door to Doors" and the postie HAS to deliver them as clients pay for them to be delivered. If they don't deliver them they can be reprimanded (and sacked) for committing "Wilful Delay".
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 01:09 PM

I take all these advertising leaflets out of my postbox and straight into the red recycling bin near the postbox.
I never even read them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

26-10-2019, 01:10 PM

I do; its good to have a change of Takeaway, keeps them on their toes.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 02:15 PM

I have a glance at the advertising leaflets and perhaps keep the odd one before throwing others into the bin. I try to remember that adverting is all about trying to attract customers so businesses can keep trading. Shops can stay open ..with employees probably.

This doesn't stop me binning most leaflets but I understand why businesses have to advertise, especially small local ones. Competition is pretty stiff in all fields these days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
You have to contact your local delivery office and tell them you don't want them.

These things are called "Households" or "Door to Doors" and the postie HAS to deliver them as clients pay for them to be delivered. If they don't deliver them they can be reprimanded (and sacked) for committing "Wilful Delay".

I believe Nicol is correct in this.

You can stop them, but you have to tell the offices.
It's not the postman's fault.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 02:28 PM

I seem to be inundated with them this time of the year. I have a quick glance at them to see if there is any money off coupons or if there is any that would interest me, but it is always as I am intentionally walking towards the bin to bin them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top