Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:10 PM

Unbelievable!

Just quickly been on Facebook to catch up with family and came across this doozy...

"The Lib Dems have hit new lows as one of their MEP's, Chris Davies, has suggested Brexiteers shouldn't wear poppies. They are politicising Remembrance and should be ASHAMED of themselves.

Chris Davies who represents the North West of England in Brussels, posted an incendiary tweet saying he was ''cynical about those who want the UK to leave the EU wearing the traditional Remembrance symbol.'

He said the EU was 'created to ensure' that centuries of conflict' came to an end, and added: ''Am I wrong to be cynical about Brexiteers wearing poppies''.

His comment caused fury among the families of war veterans and Brexit campaigners, who accused him of 'politicising' Remembrance of the war dead.

Aileen Quinton, whose mother Alberta Quinton was murdered in the Remembrance Day in Enniskillen in 1987, phoned Lib Dem HQ to complain. She said:

''Both parents in RAF in WWII. My mother's comment when we joined the EU was that it was ''a slap in the face for the Commonwealth''. She was murdered wearing her medals and poppy, waiting to pay her respects to those she served with. I wear my poppy and you can shove your cynicism!''

To coin Joe's favourite saying... What a Scumbag Chris Davies is. What say you?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:21 PM

Re: Unbelievable!

Do these people have brains or just a pumpkin head ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:22 PM

He should be shot as a traitor - that's my opinion. Does he not realise or care that thousands of people fought and died to give him the freedom to spout such absolute tripe! Remembrance Day has nothing whatever to do with the evils of brexit - and no-one should allow it to be tainted by such disgraceful remarks!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 04:54 PM

Even my dog and his pal, Ozzie, are wearing poppies.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 05:00 PM

I have decided the Lib Dem party is made up of, deluded crackpots.

Chris Davies’s suggestion is a huge insult to the brave soldiers and their families.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have decided the Lib Dem party is made up of, deluded crackpots.

Chris Davies’s suggestion is a huge insult to the brave soldiers and their families.
Don't these eejits have anything bette rto do with their time????

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 05:32 PM

They only say it for publicity.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

30-10-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
They only say it for publicity.
Bad publicity??
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Bad publicity??
No difference mate. Anything to get them noticed.
It's just a job to them anyway because the Lib Dems would never run the country in a million years.
What other reason apart from lining their pockets are any politicians in it for? Does anybody really believe that they are there to look after us?
When I go to work it's because I am earning a wage, paying the bills etc. Why would politicians want to go anywhere else than doing it for the same reasons?
They don't give a....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No difference mate. Anything to get them noticed.
It's just a job to them anyway because the Lib Dems would never run the country in a million years.
What other reason apart from lining their pockets are any politicians in it for? Does anybody really believe that they are there to look after us?
When I go to work it's because I am earning a wage, paying the bills etc. Why would politicians want to go anywhere else than doing it for the same reasons?
They don't give a....
The vast difference between yourself and them though Floydy is that you work and earn your money, if you didn't you would be sacked. They don't earn their money and often don't do a good job either but are never given their P45, more's the pity!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top