Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:25 PM

Re: Shepton A&C fair & Clarkes Village

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If I'd known there was a thing at Shep'n and I didn't have a cold I would've gone! Daughter's looking for a carboyd for a terrarium.
Glad you like Clarksville Tiff, I prefer the high street though, I never find anything in the outlets.
It's been horrible here today, cold and wet and wet and cold.
The fair is on tomorrow too, Tess. It's at the show ground & opens at 10 a.m.
I prefer Street shops too, well, I can't resist charity shops & there are several in Street. It's daughter who likes the village outlets.
It was very cold, I nearly froze at the fair as well as getting soaked.
Here it's about 8 degrees warmer than Zumerzet.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I promised myself I'd never buy another pair of shoes from Clarkes, they don't last 5 minutes.

The Antony and Cleopatra Fair sounds interesting though. "Give me my robe, put on my crown; I have Immortal longings in me" ...
My mother warned me about people like you.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I should have worn my Winter coat & taken an umbrella, but the latter is a pain to carry around.

Yes, Teddies, 2 Charlie Bears & a Dean's bear, at the Fair & a present for a pal in Radley's in Clarkes Village, Daughter bought chocolates from Thorntons. We also had a wander around Street & bought books in the charity shops.

Antique & Collectables fair, d00d, you funny man.,

I have been to Glastonbury, Shepton Mallet town & various other places in Zumerzet, but we went today for the fair, would have stayed longer if not for the rain as there were quite a few outside stalls too, not as many as the September fair, but worth a look if not pouring down.
Daughter loves Clarkes Village.
Glasto Town is a bit … weird but I do like the reclamation yard nearby. The view from the rebuilt church tower on the hill is fandabibidzo but it is a pacemaker recharge walk up to the top. I also like Wells and the reclamation yard near there. It's THE place to go if you want to buy an old Russian Tank.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:22 AM

Lovely part of Britain but yes it always rains buckets at this time of year.

I love Clarkes shoes for my working wardrobe. Mine have always lasted forever and are usually really comfy.

Glasto is a bit eerie but isn't that the ley line magic?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top